Hello From A New Member

Guest kenscore

Guest kenscore

Hello!

I wanted to introduce myself to everyone as I finally made the leap and joined! I live in Mechanicsburg, PA and have been lurking around for a few months now. I adopted a greyhbound in October. His name is Gresko. If I can figure out the technology, I'll try to get a picture of him posted. I, of course, think he is the most handsome fella.

This board has been great, and I have gotten a lot of good advice for all kinds of things and seen a lot of very good looking greyhounds! I'm looking forward to being more active here now. :colgate

Anyway, I just wanted to get my feet wet and thought this would be a good place to start.

Guest Champsmom

Welcome to GT from a fellow PA GTer ,

where did you adopt your hound from ? Have you ever gone to the greyhound gathering thing on city island ?

Edited by Champsmom

Guest kenscore

where did you adopt your hound from ? Have you ever gone to the greyhound gathering thing on city island ?

I adopted him from Personalized Greyhounds in Camp Hill. I met Gresko at a Meet and Greet and fell in love.

I have not heard about a gathering in city island, but would be interested in finding out more. I like to have Gresko meet other dogs (especially greyhounds) and would love to go. Where would I get more info?

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Guest kenscore

I've read about uploading pictures and here it goes.

Let's see if this works . . .

Gresko's favorite pastime:

January2007001.jpg

Smiling Gresko

February2007008-1.jpg

Welcome to GT! :wave That's a handsome pupper you have there. :wub:

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Champsmom

I adopted him from Personalized Greyhounds in Camp Hill. I met Gresko at a Meet and Greet and fell in love.

I have not heard about a gathering in city island, but would be interested in finding out more. I like to have Gresko meet other dogs (especially greyhounds) and would love to go. Where would I get more info?

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Someone from PG should know about that event ,unless they don't do it anymore , someone from there invited us about 2 years ago ,but we don't get up there very much

Welcome to you and your very handsome boy!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome from Maryland! Don't know where Mechanicsburg is in PA but if it's anywhere near Gettysburg, you should consider coming THIS-COMING WEEKEND (the 27-29) to Greyhounds Invade Gettysburg (GIG)

It's a blast!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest Champsmom
Welcome from Maryland! Don't know where Mechanicsburg is in PA but if it's anywhere near Gettysburg, you should consider coming THIS-COMING WEEKEND (the 27-29) to Greyhounds Invade Gettysburg (GIG)

It's a blast!!

very close :)

Guest PhillyPups

:wave welcome from Philly. Gresko is a stunning hound. I see Gresko already mastered ETS (escaped tongue syndrome) :lol:lol

City Island is a nice time, I know Nittany used to host it, try Keytsone/GPA and see if they do it. I used to live in GAP and took Stepper and Zeus there a few times. After the walk, Zeus would lie down in the river to cool off on the hot days.

This is from Keystone GPA's website:

Sunday, May 6, 2007 - 2 PM - City Island Strut - Harrisburg, PA.

There's a spring in the step of the greyhounds and their people who meet by the carousel at 2 PM today. Join us to walk and talk with these four-legged "fast friends" and the adopters who adore them. Hounds and humans alike love to share their enthusiasm! For more information, please contact Val Fralick at XXX=XXXXXXX or hollyfralick@pa.net.

Here is their link for events: Keystone GPA

Guest kenscore

Thank you for the warm welcome, I already feel at home. :colgate

I actually am going to try to make it to Gettysburg this weekend as it is pretty close for me. I originally thought I would have to work this weekend, so I was not able to pre-register, but the organizers tell me that I can just stop by on Saturday and check in. I hope to meet some of you there.

Thanks also for the info on City Island. I will try to take a look at the link tonight.