Rk Fanz Paradise

Guest luluaz

Guest luluaz

:brokenheart:paw:gh_runner

One hour ago I let my best boy go free----he always wanted to make a break for it, chomping at the bit for a walk and today was no exception. The pred made him alert and he ate a wee bit, but he could barely make it up without help and we simply could not wait any longer. He rushed the door when he finally did make it up on all fours and I was reminded of all the "Rocky" films, smiling through my tears at his will to live in spite of his cancer and pain, just knowing some dogs CANNOT be kept down!!

I met him outside this morning at 5AM, I had heard him drinking and exiting to our backyard and his beloved grassy spot. He was calm and relaxed, enjoying the cool green and quiet of morning, oblivious, I hope, to my tears. I knew in that moment that he was ready.

You were a fabulous, powerful, gorgeous example of a greyhound, trooper until the end, my Boo Bear.

I may never have another quite like you, certainly not another with as threatening a bark!!

What will I do without that wonderful bark upon my return? The quiet is deafening already.

I now have two at the bridge, two very good guides, should any of your bridge babies need them.

Mommy and Daddy loved you very much, baby boy, enough to let you go.

P4190031.jpg

P4190030.jpg

Edited by luluaz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, Lisa. You are in my thoughts.

Run free, sweet Dyce.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Farewell Dyce. May the angels at the bridge greet you enthusiastically.

Find my Icarus, he's a newbie too and I'm sure he'll be happy to learn all about the Bridge with you and your angel siblings.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Your sweet boy is an angel now.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us everyday of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest maryjo79

:grouphug :grouphug

It's never enough time but I know you loved him a universe full. My heart is breaking for you and I'm crying tears of sympathy. We love them until they have to leave and they take pieces of us with them.

For now we try to take comfort in the fact that Dyce isn't in pain anymore. One day at a time, that's all any of us can do. You know I'm here if you need me, anytime... :grouphug

I am so sorry! :cry1:cry1:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway