2 Years Ago Today

Guest multiplicity

Guest multiplicity

Two years ago today I lost my first grey, my heart dog, Tex. It seems like he has been gone for so much longer than that...it was so hard for me to let go and accept that he was gone. I was a mess for months. I am thankful for my 3 boys (that all came home all together) and how they kept me busy and kept my heart open when I needed it most. Poor Chevy was called Tex for the first 6 months b/c he reminds us so much of my beloved boy.

Unfortunately no one here met Tex...well except robinw, she almost adopted him! I regret that I didn't know about Greytalk, playgroup every weekend and fancy collars when Tex was here...it kinda makes me feel like a bad mom cuz he missed out on some greyt stuff. I try to make it up by spoiling my 3 boys with all that Tex missed out on.

Below is the poem that is in the frame with his pictures placed where his bed once was.

I Loved You Best

Author Unknown

So this is where we part, My Friend,

and you'll run on, around the bend,

gone from sight, but not from mind,

new pleasures there you'll surely find.

I will go on, I'll find the strength,

life measures quality, not its length.

One long embrace before you leave,

share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true,

but they be they, and they aren't you.

And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,

will remember well all you've taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed,

the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.

And as you journey to your final rest,

take with you this...I loved you best.

Tex1-1.jpg

I miss you Beaner-beaner, you will always be my number one.

I doubt Tex feels he missed out on anything. He had YOU.

Gentle hugs and sweet memories to you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug I know how you feel... Tex was gorgeous...

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Sheri, knowing you and Greg, I'm sure Tex never felt like he missed a thing. You were lucky to have each other. :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Winterwish

Oh my gosh I can't believe that it was 2 years ago that your beloved Tex crossed over the bridge. I do remember well how your love came thru' so clearly in telling us about him. Soon after,when you adopted all three greyhounds,it was so clearly in Tex's honor,and I thought,what a very special pup,and now spirit,he must be. :grouphug :grouphug

Sending comfort ~ :f_pink

:( Always in our hearts. :grouphug Send your family a beautiful rainbow sweetheart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.