Quin Has Found His Forever Home!

Guest KaylyRed

Guest KaylyRed

We finally have our greyhound boy, Quin, here at his forever home! We're very excited about this special guy. He's still getting settled in (and adjusting to life with non-edible cats), but he's doing greyt! Right now, he's sleeping by my side on his big fluffy bed.

Here are some pictures of Quin's welcome home party...

Quin_Steve_Marge.jpg

Here's our boy saying goodbye to his foster family, Marge and Steve. He had some awesome foster parents!

Quin_and_family.jpg

And here's our family welcoming Quin home. (That's Ian, my husband Peter, me, Shayla, and, of course, Quin!)

Learning_stairs.jpg

Here we are learning the stairs. Eris the cat is a good motivator. Quin doesn't seem to want to hurt her or catch her (he's been tested cat safe), but he sure does like to follow her around, and she likes to tease him. It didn't take him long to learn to navigate the stairs on his own, even though he's recovering from surgery on a torn plantar tendon. It was easier going up than coming down, though! For a while, Shayla had to lead him gently down the stairs while saying, "Okay, Quin...one step at a time. One...two...three....good boy!...four..."

We love our Quin doggy!

Edited by KaylyRed

Guest IrskasMom

:wave Welcome to GT. You will find some wonderful ,caring People here and helpful Advice.

To your Boy Quin , I can only say :" He is " dropdead " Handsome :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Guest Skinnymini

:welcome2

How exciting, and great pics!

You'll find this site extremely helpful, as I've discovered (ignore my "newbie" status, I'm a returning member). Best of luck!

congrats!

that Quin's a cutie pie!!!! :wub: :wub:

howdy from another GPA-WI 'er! :D

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest KaylyRed
What was his racing name?

Quin's racing name was Soar Winner. And according to his records he did do a lot of winning until he tore his plantar tendon. While we're not happy about the injury, we're glad that it resulted in him coming home to us. :)

Thanks for all the congratulations! It sure is fun to have a new hound in the house. :)

Edited by KaylyRed

Guest RSD_Ranger

CONGRATULATIONS!

I remember stairs and my guy ... he made it halfway up and just stayed there! It was a learning experience for both of us!!