More Server Woes, And A Donation Request

Jeff

Done deal dude. :D

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried understanding what you mean as I read this thru a Vicodan haze, but the only part I understood was we need money. The rest of your postings just had way too many big words in them. I donated thru paypal, but the paypal page didn't look quite familiar, so don't know if it went thru correcctly. Sent about 12:15 ct Sunday, so if you don't get the donation, let me know and I'll try to figure it out again. Maybe near the end of the vicodan haze, rather than in the middle. Thanks Jeff for taking such good care of us all.

Conni

Done, thank you.

Robin

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Just threw in a few $$$ :)

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

Sorry Jeff I just saw this. I sent a donation but failed to put in a message :(

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest April_Lynn
Our Downtime yesterday as you know was due to a Denial Of Service (DOS) attack that originated from the Greytalk server. It appears our server connected to another in Italy and then took commands from that server to DOS other servers. The server will need to be formatted due to the attacks in order to ensure the server is secure and free of any malware or root-kits. Our ISP host lost their network connection for a couple of hours, and will need to reimburse their clients under a Service Level Agreement. Since Greytalk was the cause, I would like to try to help offset their loss.

There will be some downtime while the server is being formatted and rebuilt, details are still being worked out. During that time I will try to get the backup server up and running to minimize the impact to our users.

While we have accepted donations for a few years we have only specifically asked for your help one other time, three years ago.

If you are able to make a donation to help us help ourselves, please do so, it would be greatly appreciated and help us remain online and in good standing.

donate_button.gif Please be sure to include your username in the appropriate field, or I have no way to tell who it came from.

Did it! Thanks for keeping this greyt site going! :colgate

Done. Sorry I didn't see this until now; gotta remember to check the "Announcements" every day, too! As always, thanks so much for GreyTalk!

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Done. I didn't get asked for a subject when I did it through the link in the post, but my email address is my name! :)

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest twofinegreys

I (hopefully!) have an income tax refund coming in the next couple of weeks - if we're still in the weeds I'd love to contribute sooner than I would normally to help out! :)