More Server Woes, And A Donation Request

Jeff

We are still not totally sure. It is locked down pretty tight, and because we are not sure, is the reason it will be formatted and rebuilt.

That's the part that bothers me, and you're right -reformatting is probably the only real option you have to prevent future occurrences. I'll send another pittance when payday arrives. :)

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greystoked

Glad to hear the ISP was willing to work with you! But, I'm sorry to hear (aside from is happening to begin with) that it means so much extra work for you, reformatting and all the associated headaches.

Sent along another little pittance ( :blush ) this morning (or will, when Mum drops it in the mail on the way to work), I just wish I'd won a lottery recently so it could be substantial... but a little here and there from many should add up!

I see lots of responses, guess that's just another indicator of what a greyt board this is, and what greyt folk work here...

Donation sent. Thank you Jeff for all the hard work that you put into keeping this site up and running. :wubsite I love being able to come here, even though my DH thinks that it is an addiction!

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Jeff I got a notification and it said something about a subscription the expires May 18 07 (my birthday :) ) I assume this is just some automated message that means you got my $ ??

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Jeff I got a notification and it said something about a subscription the expires May 18 07 (my birthday :) ) I assume this is just some automated message that means you got my $ ??

That means that you made a donation last year on May 18 or thereabouts, and THAT donation is about to expire. But our supporter status is tied to our most recent donations, so if you just made a donation for the server woes, you're good for another year.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I just saw this and sent a small donation through Paypal.

Thanks for all you do for us.

Susan

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

Even after reading all the other posts, and thinking to myself, "don't forget to add username, don't forget to add username" I forgot to add my user name. :blush :blush Last name is Barnes. Thank you, Jeff!

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

yes, those are automated, it should also have said and included a link to check for other active donations.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Done Jeff. Thanks so much for keeping things going.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Jeff I sent one but didnt see where to add my user name, then I saw on my receipt it was already there... Hopefully you know who its from :lol:rofl:blush

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

the 2 links I have on the forum (bottom of the main page, and within the User Control Panel) will both automagically include your username. The link I posted here in this topic will not. There is no way to include the code within the post to do that for security purposes.

I can find most users who do not include a username, but it just takes some additional time.

I can check for a match in the email address, though many, myself included use a different email account for paypal stuff, so that check often fails.

Then I look for past donations based on the email address, or the paypal listed name. For previous supporters, that works well.

Next I ask the moderators, Trudy and Wendy can usually put a real name to a username.

The next part of the equation is trying to personalize my acknowledgment with your real name. Many family's use a single paypal account, and I know if I see a donation from Bob Smith, and a username of LexiesMom, then it imost likely did not come from Bob :lol

So I begin a search for the first name of the user.

I check the profile

I check the signature

I ask the moderators :lol

I also try to verify everything in the ticket, my own notification email, and I enter it into a local spreadsheet for tracking in case of a server crash.

It can be a trying process at times.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Thanks for all you do. We have had huge support here from the H&M section. Small donation on the way, wish it could be more.

Gillian

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,