More Server Woes, And A Donation Request

Jeff

Our Downtime yesterday as you know was due to a Denial Of Service (DOS) attack that originated from the Greytalk server. It appears our server connected to another in Italy and then took commands from that server to DOS other servers. The server will need to be formatted due to the attacks in order to ensure the server is secure and free of any malware or root-kits. Our ISP host lost their network connection for a couple of hours, and will need to reimburse their clients under a Service Level Agreement. Since Greytalk was the cause, I would like to try to help offset their loss.

There will be some downtime while the server is being formatted and rebuilt, details are still being worked out. During that time I will try to get the backup server up and running to minimize the impact to our users.

While we have accepted donations for a few years we have only specifically asked for your help one other time, three years ago.

If you are able to make a donation to help us help ourselves, please do so, it would be greatly appreciated and help us remain online and in good standing.

donate_button.gif Please be sure to include your username in the appropriate field, or I have no way to tell who it came from.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done !

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Sniffy
... a Denial Of Service (DOS) attack that originated from the Greytalk server. It appears our server connected to another in Italy...

Crazy Italians! :lol

I'll have a donation coming soon.

sniffy <---- a crazy Italian.

Done. Thanks Jeff!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.