Icarus

Jiffer

It is with a broken heart that I have to post this.

Tonight, DH took the pups out for their potty and they were doing their usual thing. When he brought them back in, he turned around to see Icarus laying on the ground. Within a minute he left us. We can only presume it was either a seizure or an aneurysm.

My heart is broken. We brought him home January 2004. He was the first and the lead into bringing home the rest of our pack. He was our special boy and he shared our bed every night.

I will post more later when my head is back on straight.

I never got to say goodbye.... :weep

DSC00001-1.jpg

Edited by Jiffer

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, Jenn!!!! I am terribly shocked and saddened by this awful news :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

What a horrible shock! I'm so so very sorry this happened. At the very least, and I know it's little consolation right now, he didn't suffer...

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Jennifer, I so know your pain, it rips the heart and soul to shreds. You are in my prayers and if you need a shoulder to cry on, someone to yell at, someone just to be stunned with, please feel free to pm me. The only soothing grace that we end up with at the end is that there was no suffering and he went where he most loved to be, at home.

:bighug

Words seem so trite, please know I feel your pain.

Guest multiplicity

:cry1:cry1:cry1

I am so, so sorry! Even though I loss my heart boy in a similar way I just don't know what to say...it just sucks.

If you need an ear or shoulder, I am here. :grouphug