Avenger Is Home!

Guest mekarual

Guest mekarual

I went and picked up Avenger yesterday from the vet.

I'm already in love!

He's still very nervous and whiny, but has calmed down considerably since being here. He was licking at his sutures last night, so unfortunately I had to put his muzzle on him. He paced the majority of the night, so I didn't get much sleep either. Stairs were a major challenge, it was definitely a workout helping a 75 pound grey up stairs that he doesn't want to do! I'll keep working with him on that today and tomorrow, hopefully he'll get it soon.

He's VERY shy, although he did start wagging his tail and getting excited after his walk this morning..... that's another thing, he doesn't like walking on leash. Which is going to have to change, as that's going to be the majority of his exercise! Any suggestions on how to help him with that?

I'll post pictures later tonight, have to find the camera cord. He's a VERY handsome blue brindle boy.

Here's to getting him comfortable with retired life so he can find the perfect forever home! :colgate

congratulations!!! i love his name...especially for a greyhound! :rofl :rofl :rofl

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest houndstooth4

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures of your new boy! Don't stress about the leash walking just yet, he may be a little sore from his surgery. See if he gets over his reluctance in a few days after he's gotten used to you and more comfortable!

P.S. What was his racing name and how old is he?

Congratulations on your new boy! All the things you mention will slowly start to cease once he gets used to things. :)

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest mekarual

His racing name was Tv Avenger, and he's 3 years old. He did all of his races down in Phoenix.

I'm a foster parent, so we're discouraged from changing their names, otherwise I would. Avenger definitely does NOT fit his personality. He's a very shy boy. I guess if I end up adopting him I'll come up with a better name!

Guest mhall
His racing name was Tv Avenger, and he's 3 years old. He did all of his races down in Phoenix.

I'm a foster parent, so we're discouraged from changing their names, otherwise I would. Avenger definitely does NOT fit his personality. He's a very shy boy. I guess if I end up adopting him I'll come up with a better name!

Congrats on your new foster boy! My greyhound's racing name was Avenger too - definitely did not fit his personality either. He is waaay to lazy to be an Avenger.

Guest mekarual

Okay, promised pictures are here.

Lighting isn't very good, but he's giving a good look for me.

DSC00311.jpg

Seriously lady, let me sleep!

DSC00316.jpg