Lenny

Zoolady

A co-worker lost his basset yesterday. Lenny had been rubbing his head on the ground, was doing some moaning and not eating very well. The vet suggested a dental so Dana agreed and dropped him off for the dental and nail trim.

He got a phone call that they couldn't get the tube down his throat and when they looked further they saw a huge tumor. It was so big they said it would be soon when Lenny would not be able to breathe and that they felt it was cancer that had gone into the jaw. They recommended the big sleep.

As they felt it wouldn't be more than a couple weeks, Dana gave Lenny the final gift of love.

He was second guessing himself today but I told him he saved Lenny from suffering. He feels terrible that he didn't get a chance to say goodbye but I told him that Lenny will always live in his heart.

Goodbye Lenny. Your Daddy will see you at the Bridge. :brokenheart

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Guest how888

Oh my heart aches for him. Please let him know he can come on here for all the support he needs. Tell him he is just a rainbow away.....til we meet again. My deepest sympathy and Godspeed Lenny. Another bright and shining star in our Heavens tonight. Lenny, send daddy a sign.

Guest whatahound

Godspeed Lenny. I always had Bassett hounds before GH's came to our home. They are just such happy dogs.

So sorry for their loss.

:f_red

Gentle hugs for your friends and all who loved Lenny.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Godspeed Lenny. I am so sorry. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Snowy8

Please give your friend my condolences. As hard as a decision it is to make, I believe it is out of love for them that we take that step. Its never easy...but where he is now, there are only feel good times, no pain...no cancer.

:grouphug:f_white:grouphug

Guest bowiebears

How sad!

Knowing you did the right thing is some small comfort,

but the hole our furkids leave is something very special and precious.

We will all rejoice one day together at the bridge.

--Isaac