Tatum

Guest lotsahounds

Guest lotsahounds

It is a very sad day today. My heart is breaking over the loss of my girl Tatum. She was my inspiration as well as co founder of Bowwow Bonnets. The bond we had was like no other, but she had to leave me today due to bone cancer in her front left shoulder. Again, that damn cancer.

As a racer she broke her back right leg, well actually shattered it and my vet did the very best she could do it repair it. She didn't have the prettiest leg but we didn't care, it work pretty good and that's all that counted. Over the years she had her share of aches and pains due to her injury but dealt with it like the trooper that she was.

About a month ago, she jumped off the couch, flew around it and her back legs gave out. She saved herself from falling, but began limping on her front leg. We worked on getting that better and it did, until she started running with the others in the backyard a few weeks back. I figured she reinjured herself and started the healing regiment over again. This past weekend she was visibly uncomfortable so I had the vet come to the house to check her over. We decided to put her on prednesone and get her xrayed today. The vet felt that since she had the back leg problem for years she had to overcompensate and balance herself. Her injuries old and new were kitty corner (front left, rear right)

Well the xrays showed that my beautiful supermodel had bone cancer in her shoulder down to her elbow. There were no options for us but to say goodbye. That was our deal and I would never go back on a deal I made with my Tatie girl.

Run pain free with your brothers, Mom and friends Tatum. I loved you more than you will ever know and miss you twice as much. Til we meet again, baby!

post-3251-1175554389_thumb.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Donna I am so sorry. She is now running pain free at the bridge with some of the best. But there are no words to help you with the pain (I wish I did not know from experience) so I will send you a :bighug

I wish I have some words that would help, :bighug

I am so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Your post of Tatum is so touching it gave me goose bumps. It is truly love when you make a deal and keep it. She thanks you for that and for the love you gave. She will live forever in your heart. Run free sweet girl. She was a beauty!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

You were so good for each other. I am so sorry Donna.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful, precious angel. May God bless and keep you...until you are reunited with Tatum.

Its so very hard to keep a promise that you know is going to hurt so much. You have my respect and Tatum, I'm sure, gave you graditude entrenched with her love. The joy of their Being is so much more than the pain of their leaving. She will continue to run whole in your heart.

Edited by rycezmom

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star