We Officially Chipped Today!

My DF Bryan and I adopted Elena in the beginning of October. After we had her about 6 weeks, we realized she had some mild separation anxiety (or at least didn't like being alone while we worked all day). We decided to foster to see if that made her feel better. We got our first foster in the beginning of December, and immediately Elena was happier. Although we didn't keep that first foster, we decided to keep fostering with intent.

It was a tough time - with 5 crazy :crazy cats and a picky greyhound (we wanted another female, she did NOT agree) it wasn't easy to find a match, but we decided to keep Dynamo !!! His only real issue has been an occasional inclination to chase kitties, but we have made great strides on that. We celebrated his 6th birthday on Tuesday, and signed the adoption papers today! :yay

Check out this boy's race record, looks like about 7 stakes wins. And he raced through the end of 2006, so he had many more races that aren't listed here.

Here are some pics of the new boy:

Looking regal

Dynamoregal03_29_50.jpg

Running with his toy

Dynamorunningwithtoy03_29_62.jpg

Standing with Elena (he is a big boy!)

Headshots03_29_31.jpg

With Elena "hugging" him

ElenawrestlingDynamo03_29_42.jpg

Trotting with his ball

Dynamoball03_29_77.jpg

He loves his ball

Dynamolovesball03_29_82.jpg

But he tires of playing quickly. Look at that tongue :wub: I haven't gotten a picture yet, but he definitely suffers from ETS

Dynamotiredball03_29_83.jpg

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

Look like the perfect pair. They are beautiful, but then again I have a fawn and black combo too.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest broncsrox

Pass the dip, will ya?

:chip

Feels great doesn't it? I'm a failed foster mom too

Edited by broncsrox

Look like the perfect pair. They are beautiful, but then again I have a fawn and black combo too.

When we started this whole thing, all I wanted was a brindle. But obviously personality is more important! The fawn and black combo is very striking!

Pass the dip, will ya?

Oh, yeah, it feels very good....

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

Guest crazy4greys

When we started this whole thing, all I wanted was a brindle. But obviously personality is more important! The fawn and black combo is very striking!

Pass the dip, will ya?

Oh, yeah, it feels very good....

I just failed too! Isn't it greyt! :P

Congratulations! Now that's TWO good-looking hounds you have! :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Congratulations! Now that's TWO good-looking hounds you have! :)

Thank you! I guess Elena never got her own special introduction thread. She is so unloved :cry1

He is a handsome boy! Not black, but a handosme fellow nonetheless. :lol:

Well, you can't win 'em all. Can he be an honorary black dog???

Very handsome... Elena has great taste!

Welcome to the failed fostering club :hehe

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest DoofBert
He is a handsome boy! Not black, but a handosme fellow nonetheless. :lol:

Well, you can't win 'em all. Can he be an honorary black dog???

Sure, he needs a black winter coat. :P