How Do Greyhounds Fare With Only 3 Paws?

Guest JamesP

Guest selma
James,

I agree with everyone about a second opinion.

Dogs do very well on three legs. Check this out.

I really hope they don't put him down.

That's a gorgeous video clip, thanks for putting a smile on my face!

Guest grey_dreams
Thank you for more information!

Jeb isn't being sedated anymore for bandage changes - not back in the cast till the ulcers heal. The vet showed me the recent x-ray and the toe bones don't appear to be healing but are not out of place. However, my husband who has lots of experience with x-rays, tells me that only hard bone will show up on x-ray so the bones could very well be healing nicely.

I've had a suggestion about treating the ulcers - granulated sugar on the edges. That came from a nurse who has treated the elderly for pressure sores and she tells me it works well. Also - you can't beat the price! I mentioned it to the vet's assistant today who said he would pass it on but rolled his eyes at the thought. Anyone heard that one?

Love the videos!

Hello Margot! I wanted to add this link about using granulated sugar to heal wounds. It was discussed recently in the forum, and seems to work really well.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showto...;hl=sugar+wound

I'm sorry to hear about your vet though. Have you been going to this same vet for a long time? Is there another vet nearby that you could go to? Just in my opinion, but from reading your posts I felt a little like I might not have great trust in that vet, but of course it's hard to understand the whole situation with only reading the posts and not being there myself.

I sure hope your pup recovers quickly! Good luck!