Idol (all I Can Be) - 7/18/97 - 3/26/07

romansperson

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f_yellow I'm so sorry for your loss.....Idol was so young. :sad1

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I love his name and wow was he beautiful.

Idol was his kennel name, which we kept. I've always wished I could talk to the person who gave it to him and ask them why they chose it - was it because he was movie-idol handsome? Reminded them of Billy Idol? I wish I knew!

Thanks so much everyone for your kind thoughts. The house has been so quiet! No pup around to bark at the neighbors or at the thunderstorm last night ... Pumpkin is a very quiet girl and it almost seems like we don't have a dog around at all. I think she might be a bit depressed too. :(

My deepest condolences for your loss. :cry1:grouphug

Godspeed, sweet Idol... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry, Nancy. He was so lucky to have found you. You took wonderful care of him through all his issues. He is such a beautiful soul- it shines through his photos.

Please know that you and Martin are in our thoughts during this difficult time.

Kim, (PW's) Nate Dogg and Chloe (TJ Zorabell) - always in our hearts, (Racey) Benson and Polly (Racey Pauline)

allpups.jpg

NaturallyGrey Email List

I just talked to the photographer we had come to the house and take photos of Idol and Pumpkin a couple years ago. I wanted to find out if I could get another print of a photo of Idol running that she'd taken.

She told me that she'd wanted to contact me, but had lost our contact information. She submits photos for publication in various calendars and she had wanted to submit a photo she'd taken of Idol and Pumpkin. There's a field just outside our neighborhood that the owner uses to grow hay on - usually ryegrass and wild mustard. It's very pretty in the spring, with the dark green grass and the yellow mustard blossoms - kind of like this. The photo she is going to submit was taken there. It's for a 2009 pet calendar of some sort. Cross your fingers it gets chosen! She said she'd hear whether it was in October and she'll send us a calendar too.

That would make an awfully nice tribute to him.

I am so sorry for your great loss :(:grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest luluaz

Handsome Idol...what a hound.

You broke the mold, baby.

Show 'em how it's done at the bridge, would ya boy?

You are already missed by all.

Prayers of peace for you-

Lisa

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Since I live with an IBD dog I have to say: I'm glad he was able to enjoy that steak and cheese.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for your loss. :( Run free and fast to all of our Angels at the Bridge Angel Idol...I know that Angel Sophia will find you...such a handsome Angel. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Awww no, Nancy and Martin I am so so sorry that you lost your beautiful boy so young! My Shiloh will be 11 this summer... and Harley has been gone for 5 years! Hard to believe. I know how much it meant to you that Idol turned out to be Roman's great nephew... and I know very well the kind of loving and devoted care you give all your hounds. He was a very special boy.... much white light and hugs from Rhode Island.............

luv, Sage and Shiloh WindDancer (nephew of Sir Cedric) Bless

Edited by Mom2Shiloh

Awww no, Nancy and Martin I am so so sorry that you lost your beautiful boy so young! My Shiloh will be 11 this summer... and Harley has been gone for 5 years! Hard to believe. I know how much it meant to you that Idol turned out to be Roman's great nephew... and I know very well the kind of loving and devoted care you give all your hounds. He was a very special boy.... much white light and hugs from Rhode Island.............

luv, Sage and Shiloh WindDancer (nephew of Sir Cedric) Bless

All these wonderful dogs ... gone now ...

idolpicpage.jpg

Idol

romanpicpage.jpg

Roman

and I have a wonderful photo at home that you took, Sage, of Rob Roy and Harley together, lying back to back ... he (and you) took such good care of Rob when he needed it so much. It's all these dogs that made us love this breed. Even though it hurts so much to lose one, it's so hard to imagine life without one (or more!).