Newbie Here

Guest feathersprings

Guest feathersprings

HI, just wanted to post an introduction. My Dh Adopted our first Greyhound about a month ago and this Saturday I have my very own Grey Boy! We are long time dog people having been involved in showing for the last 35 yrs. I am a retired groomer and we have gone through a hard time recently having lost 3 old dogs in the last couple of years. Two of them were sighthounds. ( a Whippet and Deerhound) We were down to having one dog, which isnt really a dog LOL!, Smooch our 7 lb. Peke. After doing some research we decided to get a rescue Grey. We couldnt be happier with our decision. First we brought home LusaLu , an almost 4 yr. old brindle girl. Unfortunately the day before we were to bring her home my mother became ill so my DH was on his own while I went to ehlp her out for a week! It ended up being a good thing as far as the dog and my DH went. They are bonding very closely in large part to the initial "togetherness" . I kenw when we went into this there would soon be another added to the family and let rescue know what I was looking for. "Draco" couldnt be a better match for me! He is a pretty , sweet, black boy. I am looking forward to doing some obedience working with him and getting a therapy dog certification.

Edited by feathersprings

Guest IrskasMom

:wave:wave:wave welcome to GT. There are so many knowledgeable and helpful People as Members.

Advice and help by the click of a Mouse . Congrats on your Puppers .

Welcome to GT!

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Welcome to GT and the wonderful world of greyhounds! As you can probably see from this from looking at the posts here, they can become quite the obsession!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest feathersprings
Welcome to GT and the wonderful world of greyhounds! As you can probably see from this from looking at the posts here, they can become quite the obsession!

I can see that some of you have been here quite some time and are really active on the forum! I am limiting us to the two Greys( chanting that over and over and over) We have for years had many dogs while we were showing and I am ready to keep the numbers down so I have a lot of time for the ones we have. We also have Miniature horses and a couple of Goats to share time with. So, I will be obsessed for sure but will not give into that addiction of having more no matter how wonderful they are <only two , only two, only two) and how often I see just one more that might like to come home with me, haha :ghplaybow

Guest ChrissyB

Congrats--Your world will never be the same. You could stick with 2 greyhounds, like me, but foster for your local rescue group. The rewards are priceless........

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I can see that some of you have been here quite some time and are really active on the forum! I am limiting us to the two Greys( chanting that over and over and over) ...

I said that too. For a several years it worked too. Until I heard about a special boy who had been up for adoption for over 2 years and

no one on the horizon. We "chipped" and it was the best thing we could of done. Good luck with your vow. :lol

Guest bowiebears

Welcome to GT!

Congrats on your decision...you will not regret it! Unless it's the decision to limit yourself to only 2!!!

--Isaac

Guest feathersprings
Congrats--Your world will never be the same. You could stick with 2 greyhounds, like me, but foster for your local rescue group. The rewards are priceless........

I would love to do this actually, having done Peke rescue for lots of years, but I am too far off the beaten path for the groups here to place fosters with. Maybe sometime when one needs longer term fostering.