Moving To Lititz, Pennsylvania

Hi!

My family is moving from Fort Mill, South Carolina to Lititz, Pennsylvania next weekend and I'm wondering if there is anyone out there from the Lancaster area. I am going to need to find a greyhound knowledgeable vet, would love to find a greyhound playgroup and also get info about the Greyhound Summer Festival that I hear is held in Lancaster.

This is a difficult move for us so we are looking for ways to connect with others. We have 2 boys (8 and 11) and one 5 year old greyhound named Silver. We just lost our other grey to OS 2 weeks ago. As soon as we get settled we will be looking to get another hound.

Thanks!

Kim and Silver (missing Lucky)

<p>Kim and the hound - Rumor
Missing my angels Marlow, Silver, Holly and Lucky

Guest Champsmom

Welcome from about half hour from there , Maybe Charley will post he is in Lancaster co. there are a few more too but he is who comes to mind .

I know that there are plenty of Grey groups that will help you fill that empty spot

Now you can go to GIG in April since you are much closer :)

Guest LadyChester

Welcome to PA! We are about 15 minutes from Lititz ... what a wonderful town. You will love it! We volunteer with Keystone Greyhounds and the group is very active in Lancaster Co.

Dr. Alysia Deaven is absolutely fantastic and specializes in greys. The name of her practice is "Greys and Strays."

Dr. Alysia Deaven

Greys and Strays, LLC

2686 S. Pine Grove St.

Jonestown, PA 17038

717 304 9987

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you get settled in 717-653-8222. Looking forward to meeting you!

~another Kim!

Welcome to Lancaster County! There are two GT members who live in Lititz...LorifromLititz and Myboydutch. The Lancaster Greyhound festival is no longer due to change in convention center ownership. However, the Gettysburg meet is very nice with good vendors and activities. http://trianglegreyhound.org/gig/

You'll love Lancaster County!

Guest PhillyPups

Hi welcome to PA. When I lived in Gap I used Dr. Lewis of Smoketown Vets in Lancaster, he was absolutely awesome and has greyhounds. Good luck with your move, and Keystone GPA is a wonderful group with greyt people, and can always use more volunteers. :)

Guest Champsmom
Welcome to PA! We are about 15 minutes from Lititz ... what a wonderful town. You will love it! We volunteer with Keystone Greyhounds and the group is very active in Lancaster Co.

Dr. Alysia Deaven is absolutely fantastic and specializes in greys. The name of her practice is "Greys and Strays."

Dr. Alysia Deaven

Greys and Strays, LLC

2686 S. Pine Grove St.

Jonestown, PA 17038

717 304 9987

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you get settled in 717-653-8222. Looking forward to meeting you!

~another Kim!

I thought of Alysia but I thought maybe she wouldn't go that far , she is actually my bosses vet :)

Guest LadyChester

I thought of Alysia but I thought maybe she wouldn't go that far , she is actually my bosses vet

Wow ... your bosses vet! Small world!!! You know, we need to meet in person some time! Playdate?

Guest chadmom

Welcome to PA. I love about an hour from Lancaster, closer to Philly. Our boy, Chad, was just diagnosed with OS a little over a week ago. I think the group we adopted Chad from (www.firstgreys.org) has people in Lancaster. I know they often have a stand at the PA Rennaisance Faire out that way. Hope you enjoy the area.

Guest benson

Lucky you! That's the area where DH and I hope to end up after the Marine Corps. My in-laws live in Wilmington DE so whenever we visit we always head over to Lancaster County.

Edited by benson

Check out the First State Greyhound website (www.firstgreys.org). Some of their people live in Lancaster and they have some meet and greets in the area. (In fact, one of Faster's foster families lives in Lancaster with their "pack"-- say THAT five times fast! Faster is our boy grey.)

I don't think you can receive pms yet, but please email me off line at

carol@greyhoundfleecejackets.com and I will give you some contact emails.

Sincerely,

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

Guest Champsmom
I thought of Alysia but I thought maybe she wouldn't go that far , she is actually my bosses vet

Wow ... your bosses vet! Small world!!! You know, we need to meet in person some time! Playdate?

I would like that , are you going to GIG ?

Guest myboydutch
Hi!

My family is moving from Fort Mill, South Carolina to Lititz, Pennsylvania next weekend and I'm wondering if there is anyone out there from the Lancaster area. I am going to need to find a greyhound knowledgeable vet, would love to find a greyhound playgroup and also get info about the Greyhound Summer Festival that I hear is held in Lancaster.

This is a difficult move for us so we are looking for ways to connect with others. We have 2 boys (8 and 11) and one 5 year old greyhound named Silver. We just lost our other grey to OS 2 weeks ago. As soon as we get settled we will be looking to get another hound.

Thanks!

First, Welcome to Lititz! My friend lori-from-lititz-pa an I live here. Neither of us have any skin-kids but we each have 1 Greyhound. We get together with our pups every Wednesday night after work, usually around 6:30 pm. and when the weather is nice we walk the nearby rail-to-trail and other paths on Saturday's. Since your new enough to GT that I can't PM you I'll give you my private email address;

mhalton@ptd.net

Feel free to contact me once you settle in.

There is an indoor, all dog play group about 20 minutes away but our boys are GH snobs and would ignore all other dogs so it really was a waste of money. We don't think that Summer Festival is returning to Lancaster this year. We both will be at GIG on Saturday 4/28.

Finally, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your other GH. My prayers are with you and your family as you grieve and through the process of moving to town.

Hope to hear from you,

Michelle

Edit to add, Lori uses Lititz Veterinary Hospital and I use Warwick Vet Clinic. Both are very knowledgeable with Greyhounds and in fact for specialized care my vet will send people to Lori's. For standard care my office just happens to be closer to my home.

Edited by myboydutch

Guest bowiebears

I'm sure you'll love PA and Lancaster County.

I live in Bowie, MD, one of the eastern 'burbs of DC, but grew up in Lancaster County.

Our Arlo, who went to the bridge last month, came from First State Greyhounds.

We will soon be adopting a girl from GPA-MD, who have people in parts of PA.

My sister lived in Lititz for about 10 years, and now lives in Lebanon.

Welcome to GT!

--Isaac

Guest luckydog

wow, looks like you'll be making some 'fast friends'! :D

Welcome to PA. Once you're settled in and interested in visiting Philly, there are a bunch of us here with lots of information (and opinions!)

Thanks for the warm welcome to the Lancaster area. I am relieved to find that there are several good greyhound vets in the area as well as some active greyhound groups. I'm sorry to hear that the Greyhound Summer Festival won't be happening but I have registered for the Gettysburg event. It sounds like fun and the family is looking forward to it!

Hope I get to meet some of you when I get to PA! Thanks again!

<p>Kim and the hound - Rumor
Missing my angels Marlow, Silver, Holly and Lucky

Welcome to PA!!!! In addition to the others mentioned, Nittany Greyhounds is also a PA group. We cover all of PA plus. And anyone, with any group, is welcome at any evert or M&G, or whatever. Please PM me if you'd like.

Edited by sobesmom

Guest The4stones

Howdy from across the Susquehanna River (York). Welcome to the area! What the folks have said above is more than I can say. See you at GiG.

DAve

Guest bowiebears
My sister lived in Lititz for about 10 years, and now lives in Lebanon

Does she have greyhounds? I live in Lebanon

No, altho she'd like to. She lives in a dog-free community. She does have a cat. However, since she's disabled, keeping a greyhound would be somewhat awkward for her, i think. She comes to visit us in Bowie for her greyhound-fix!

I can ask her if she'd like to know some greyt-people in Lebanon, if you'd like!

--Isaac

Guest Champsmom
My sister lived in Lititz for about 10 years, and now lives in Lebanon

Does she have greyhounds? I live in Lebanon

No, altho she'd like to. She lives in a dog-free community. She does have a cat. However, since she's disabled, keeping a greyhound would be somewhat awkward for her, i think. She comes to visit us in Bowie for her greyhound-fix!

I can ask her if she'd like to know some greyt-people in Lebanon, if you'd like!

--Isaac

Where does she live ? I could take Champ to visit her :)