Runner Had A Very Dear Friend Join Him

Guest PhillyPups

Guest trevdog
Wow... I have no words. I saw bob and Marilyn at a greyhound event in Tampa not long ago... Heaven has a very special angel tonight.... My prayers for the whole GAF family

Same here....Heaven must have needed another special Angel.....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a shock....and so incredibly sad. I know the entire Greyhound community mourns the passing of a dedicated, unselfish man who truly made a difference in the lives of countless hounds and humans.

Prayers and white light and sympathy to Marilyn and her family.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Meeting Bob and Marilyn Varnberg was one of those experiences that renewed my faith in human beings. It made me so grateful that I had found the greyhound breed years ago. Speck really took to the both of them, even more than he normally does with everyone. I whispered in his ear that he was standing before two angels on earth. And then he posed for this sweet picture with them that always makes me smile when I look at it:

resizedweekendpics069.jpg

My condolences to Marilyn and all the greyhounds who benefitted so much from the love, strength, support and hard work that Bob poured into every moment of his time. We were so blessed to have him, to know him, and to strive to be even 1/4 of what he was.

:cry1

f_yellow Prayers going out to Marilyn and her family.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Wow... How shocking. I'm so sorry.... :grouphug

And you are right.... I bet there is party at the bridge going on! Please pass along to Marilyn that she will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Although I didn't know him, I've seen some pictures of him always dedicated to Greyhounds. He seemed to be a very

special person.

Pat, Your poem brought tears to my eyes...I found this on YOU TUBE dedicated to him and his work

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

I'm so sorry to all who knew Bob, it sounds like a great loss to the greyhound community :cry1:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Many prayers for peace and comfort for Marilyn and all those close to her and Bob. I wonder if Bob is sporting a racing silk at the bridge instead of feathery wings?

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest EmbersDad

heavy, rest well bob. he will be missed. i never knew him, but was well aware of his work with the hounds, and especially broken legged dogs. my condolences to you and marilyn.

Guest KennelMom

The greyhounds and the greyhound community have lost a greyt friend and advocate...My deepest condolences to his wife, Marilyn

:f_red

Godspeed, Bob....I can only imagine all the hounds that will greet you at the Bridge. :candle

Guest greystar2

Hi I'm new here. I know Bob and Marilyn, they are such very good people and boy I'm sure going to miss Bob he was a very wonderful person. I really thought the world of him. It really makes me sad to know that Bob will not be coming down to the kennel in the morning and in the evening to see how the kids are.

Guest PhillyPups
Hi I'm new here. I know Bob and Marilyn, they are such very good people and boy I'm sure going to miss Bob he was a very wonderful person. I really thought the world of him. It really makes me sad to know that Bob will not be coming down to the kennel in the morning and in the evening to see how the kids are.

Welcome to Greytalk, sorry your joining us is on such a sad sad note. From reading your post either you are his kennel helper, or Marilyn finally got a computer set up in the kennel so the hounds won't be bored. If my first guess is right, you got to work beside one of th best there is.

Guest greystar2

Welcome to Greytalk, sorry your joining us is on such a sad sad note. From reading your post either you are his kennel helper, or Marilyn finally got a computer set up in the kennel so the hounds won't be bored. If my first guess is right, you got to work beside one of th best there is.

yes your first guess is right

Edited by greystar2

Guest MaxiesMom

I could not believe it when I was told of Bob's passing. This world has lost a little bit of it's brightness. What an incredible man. Give my sweet girl a kiss for me, Bob. You will be missed.

Guest how888

My heartfelt sympathy to his family and friends. God must of needed another angel. Thank you Bob for all you did and may you watch over your family now and all of our beloved greys til we all meet again. Rest In Comfort knowing you were so loved and will be so missed.

A precious pic of Bob, Marilyn and my boy Chong taken at the Around the Hounds wine and cheese dewey 05

Godspeed my friend

were all going to miss you,

All my love and prayers to Marilyn :bighug:bighug

bobmarilynchong.jpg

Edited by aroundthehound

Goodbye my friend... I will do what I can to help your sweet lady hold steady without you...

It won't be easy for her and I'd like to kick your ass for leaving her! But, I know you didn't want to go...

We will all miss you terribly... I am selfishly sad, because I have lost one of the very few people I always knew I could call on in times of great need. I will try my best now to do what I always knew you would do for me...

Every time you left with our doggies, I said the same thing, "PLEASE, BE SAFE!!!"

You are forever safe now... I know you are running like the wind, with your beloved doggies...

Wait for us, friend... we will join you soon...

I know you are there, at the bridge, looking over all of us... I just felt a big ol' Bob V bear hug!!!

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

Guest gonzoquinn
Wishing Bob's family peace and comfort. :f_white

Thank you Bob, you truly are an angel.

I miss my friend Bob.......he was truly one of the best people I ever knew in my entire life.