Soon To Be New Grey Mom

Guest KaylyRed

Guest KaylyRed

Hi everyone! I just wanted to stop by and become part of the Grey Talk community. My family and I are expecting to adopt a new greyhound from GPA any time now. We just had our home visit with the adoption counselors today, and we met a sweet grey named Dewey. Soon we'll have a greyhound of our own to adore.

Almost 10 years ago my family owned a greyhound named Belle (or more like she owned us). She was nearly 7 years old when we adopted her, but we fell in love instantly. Unfortunately, she died of a massive heart attack several months after we brought her home. One minute she was playing in the snow with my husband, and the next she let out a heart wrenching yelp and fell on her side. She died in my husband's and my arms within 5 minutes. We miss her very much, and we've been waiting for the right time to bring another greyhound into our lives. Now that the kids are older, we have a good sized home and a nice yard, we're ready, even though we know there'll never be another Belle. (Greyhound's lives are just too short, but Belle's was shorter than usual.)

Anyhow, it's nice to meet all of you, and I hope to be talking even more when I can say, "We have our greyhound!"

Welcome! Can't wait for pictures of your new baby.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest jessicaksu125

Sorry to hear about Belle :( I'd love to see some pics! I remember I was counting down the days on here until I got my girl, it's such a wonderful resource :welcome2

Guest w00wah

Welcome, Karen. So sorry for the way you lost Belle.

I'm getting my first grey on the 23rd, and the day cannot come soon enough!

Trish

Guest bonscoby
:welcome Sorry about Belle. That must have been so horrible for you. I'm going to chime in with all the rest and ask for lots of pictures! :)

Guest bowiebears

Welcome from the MD 'burbs of DC!

Sorry to hear about Belle's sudden passing....it is alway so devastating, and that must have been heart-wrenching for you.

--Isaac

Kayly,

Welcome to Greytalk from Mobile, Alabama, and congrats on your soon to be new pup.

Sorry to hear of Belle's passing, My Dalmation,Winston passed away last March, and

there has been an empty spot in my heart ever since.

I just adopted 2 retired greys, 2 months ago, boy what an experience it has been.

Wish you the best of luck with your new pup, and as has been said before

"Please post Pictures".

Gary

Guest passionforgreys
Kayly,

Welcome to Greytalk from Mobile, Alabama, and congrats on your soon to be new pup.

Sorry to hear of Belle's passing, My Dalmation,Winston passed away last March, and

there has been an empty spot in my heart ever since.

I just adopted 2 retired greys, 2 months ago, boy what an experience it has been.

Wish you the best of luck with your new pup, and as has been said before

"Please post Pictures".

Gary

Welcome, congrats and can't wait! This is such an amazing place!! :colgate

Guest Snowy8

:read:digicam:rules

Welcome to Greytalk...you'll love it here! However as others have pointed out above, on page 34567 of the rule book #98712 it states you must post pictures...with most of your threads (just kidding...) Just wanted to get you ready...take your camera everywhere!

Can't wait to see pictures & hear stories!

OMG, What a nightmare you had. I am soooo sorry you had to expereince that.

Welcome from NY and congrats on Dewey. We are all anxiously awaiting pictures!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project