Rip Dylan, The Golden Retriever

Guest MidnightMama

Guest MidnightMama

Dylan was a golden retriever who belonged to a very kind local teacher. This man was very rarely seen outside of the classroom without Dylan by his side. Most of the local business owners waived their "no dogs" rule for Dylan and even stocked treats especially for him. He was extremely well trained and heeled at his master's side without a leash, but when leash laws began to be enforced, he walked through town holding the loop end of the leash in his mouth with the clip attached to his collar. When not walking himself, Dylan would also carry small packages in his mouth and never leave a mark on the item inside. He attended ever parade and town festival and was always an absolute gentleman.

I guess you could say, in a way, Dylan is the reason I have two greyhounds. Watching Dylan and his owner together exemplified everything a canine/human relationship could, and should be. It was while standing beside Dylan at a parade last year that the idea of dog ownership entered my brain and held fast. Midnite and Runner had the pleasure of watching the Veteran's Day parade with Dylan in November, I'm glad they got to meet him.

My DD called me after school to tell me that her teacher was not at school today. Apparently Dylan had been having some problems with his hind leg and when the vet examined him a mass on his spleen was discovered. They performed surgery yesterday and Dylan seemed fine, but he didn't wake up this morning. Rest well Dylan.

ETA. Please keep Dylan's owner in your thoughts. He lives alone and Dylan was his constant companion. He will be sorely missed.

Edited by MidnightMama

Guest belloricky

Thanks for sharing this for Dylan and his owner. I hope he will find some peace without his companion. I know it must be hard.

Heartfelt prayers for Dylan's person.

Godspeed, special fellow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy and prayers. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

f_yellow Dylan's owner will be in my thoughts.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Wow what a special dog! My thoughts are with your friend. :grouphug

Godspeed Dylan! There aren't leash laws in heaven buddy!