Good Days And Bad Days

Guest TheMackeyPack

Guest TheMackeyPack

I have moments that when I think of Roo I just smile. Then I have moments, like right now....where I just miss him so much it hurts....

hard to believe it has only been 6 days.....It seems like so much longer but then again like yesterday.

Deb

Guest TorynUs

You are keeping him close in your heart, just where he will remain forever. Thinking of our lost pets, I have to try to smile through the tears of missing them. They bring such joy when they are with us, try to remember that joy with happiness. Hugs to you.

Guest Lisa_n_Dusty

My Dusty has been gone for 3 weeks and I still cry at least once a day. I know how much it hurts and not having another grey really makes my heart hurt. I just wonder if I will always be this way about him. They really wiggle their way into your heart and don't let go. All the pain I feel is worth it because you and I are so much richer for having Roo & Dusty in our lives. At least now I smile through my tears remembering his sweetness and love.

When our beloved companions pass, we suffer a great loss. I have found that as time passes, they seem to move farther and farther away from us. When we cry, we bring them back. It's been such a brief time that Roo and Dusty have gone. It's been much longer with China, but the pain is still there. I had a very difficult day last week when it was just past the 5-month mark with Millie.

And then, a miracle happened. I saw those adorable little puppies on one of those Tucson rescue group sites. It's not that a puppy would be the best thing, but I looked into those little faces, so full of the promise of new life, and for the first time since Millie passed, it hurt not to be able to get one of those dogs. I knew that although my girl always would be looking over my shoulder, I could feel passionate about another dog again. Logically, I knew I could because Mil was my 8th dog, but emotionally, I doubted it because I'd never been so close to one of my pets. A door has now opened, and I feel much better.

While a dog right now is impossible because of my hubby's job uncertainty, I know that this acknowledgement was a gift from my beautiful angel.

Hang in there. There will be good days and bad days, but we are all lucky to have had the gift of love from our magnificant friends.

I got off the elevator to go into work today and suddenly for some reason thought of the moment Arizona passed away and teared up. I don't know exactly how you're feeling, but I do understand somewhat. Like Mary said, going on 3 years and she still gets sad about China. I guess we are going to think some happy thoughts and some sad ones along the way....

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

It's been 4+ years since my heart dog Romeo died. I have his picture on my desk, on the table at home, on my dresser....not a day goes by that I don't think of him. My other Rottie and little Shiloh have been gone almost 2 years. Keeping them in our minds keeps their memories fresh.

Someone sent this to me after Romeo passed.

Hold fast to your memories, to all of the cherished moments of the past, to the blessings and the laughter, the joys and the celebrations, the sorrow and the tears.

They all add up to a treasure of fond yesterdays that you shared and spent together, and they keep the one you loved close to you in spirit and thought.

The special moments and memories in your life will never change.They will always be in your heart, today and forevermore.

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

It does get better, the pain, but I think it will never go to a place so far you can't call it up again. When I lost my first grey, Rio, it hurt more than any other dog I've ever lost. He was my hearthound. I stopped wearing contact lenses because I'd be driving, burst into tears, and my contacts would be cried out of position -- I was a menace to other drivers! The day after I lost him, the teller at the bank asked me how I was doing and instead of the usual, "Fine, thanks," I found myself blurting out "I had to put my dog to sleep yesterday!" and started bawling. The poor teller didn't know what to do. He's been gone about 10 years now, and I'm starting to tear up just writing this, so just because I'm a lot better doesn't mean the pain's gone.

I take comfort in what animal communicators have said, that when you think of your animals that have passed, they can feel it and are around you even if you can't see them.

When my cat, Holly, died, my sister sent me a card that said "What is loved remains in the heart." I've always remembered that. It is because of your love for Roo that he stays with you, and it is because of your love that it hurts.

It's been one and a half years since Joe died, but to talk about him or write about him still makes me cry. The first two weeks were nearly unbearable, and then we got Angel, and I had something else to concentrate on. Joe'd been our only dog for so long, and his loss left a huge silent hole.

Try to share your love and grief with the other members of your family, and let them help fill that hole in your heart.

((HUGS))

Tami

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest ScarlettsMom

My dobe Sam was put to sleep a year ago this month and I still get teary about him. I swear I saw him looking at me out the front window when I pulled into the driveway the other day. As time passes things will get better but as others have said you will get sad sometimes. Take care and hug your other puppers!