Pearliewhirlie's Here To Say Hi

Guest PearlPower

Guest PearlPower

Hello all,

My name is Michelle and I'm the Very proud mom to PearlPower (Greyhound) and Sh'kar (Standard Poodle). I've been reading the site for some time now and you've all been a tremendous help in teaching my husband and I how to help Pearl adjust to our household.

Back in October, we had wanted to add another dog to our family and had been discussing that for some time when we met Pearl. She was being fostered by our neighbour whose grey, Fudge, was a good friend of Sh'kar's. Our boy is "assertive" and we were hoping to add a female with some spunk who wouldn't let him run the show. We had never planned on a grey until we met our girl Pearl who was out for a walk with Fudge. Sh'kar walked up to her with his chest puffed out, a big smile and tail wagging. Without missing a beat, Pearl lifted her pretty little paw and smacked him square on the chest. He stepped back, shocked, then walked up to her again. She smacked him again and that was it for him, love at first (or second) smack. We put in the papers to adopt her a week later and, four months later, as I'm typing, they're sleeping together in the same dog bed.

As we were applying for Pearl, we ended up buying a new home and putting our old up for sale, so needless to say, it's been a BUSY few months. I'm hoping to use this time (my vacation) to help settle our family. I've loved reading Greytalk and hope to become an active member of the community.

Michelle

P.S. We're registered for Grapehounds if anyone has any advice...

Guest ellieb

Welcome, Michelle!

Sounds like Sh'kar and Pearl are a great match! I am always so glad to hear that another hound found a loving home. We expect photos, you know!

Ellie in Ohio

Welcome to GT! :wave Pearlie sounds like a gem of a gh, and a great friend for your boy. Hopefully you'll get some pics posted soon of your puppers. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest hamiesmom

Hi to Sh'kar and Miss Pearl and their family. Hamie and his Mom say hi and we are so looking forward to the either the Saturday or Sunday morning walks. We had the Sunday morning walk a couple of weeks ago and sure do miss them. It was so nice seeing you again. You will remember Hamie as he is the red fawn that wears the therapaw boots. Looking forward to spring time and our walks. :colgate

Welcome! I haven't been a grey owner very long either (only about 6 months). I have one grey and have been fostering with the intent to find a second. I am going to Grapehounds too! No advice since it's my first trip, but everything I've read makes me believe it will be a great trip!

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

Without missing a beat, Pearl lifted her pretty little paw and smacked him square on the chest. He stepped back, shocked, then walked up to her again. She smacked him again and that was it for him, love at first (or second) smack.

:lol:lol

Welcome (and where are the pictures?) :)

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits