My Friend's Greyhound Barbie Has Crossed Over The Bridge

kurri1092

My friend Emily and I went to Solvang and on Fri her Greyhound Barbie was not looking well so she took her to the local vet there and got her stabled and told Emily to pick her up and so she did and within 5-10min being back at the hotel, Emily and a few others decided to tak her to the E-vet in Santa Barbara because it was the closest one there and within 10min of being on the road Barbie passed away in Emily's arms, and the E-vet said that Barbie had a stroke.

Barbie was 4yrs old and had a hard life before coming to the adoption group, but she had 2 fabulous years with Emily and her other hounds and was loved by everyone she met.

The weird thing is, is the timing for Solvang was delayed by a week and also the vet cleared Barbie for going to Solvang as they thought she just sprained her neck and also went in her mommy's arms when it could have been worst like if her mommy went to Solvang and Barbie was home and went to the bridge than without her mom being there so we are glad that she was with her mommy when it happened. I know my friend is missing her very much and she was surrounded with friends who are like family to her that helped her in this time of sorrow.

I met Barbie on Weds and had the enjoyment of meeting her and she was a very special little girl.

Run free little sweetheart for we will miss you and I know your mom Emily misses you very much.

Shelby - Hyuall 8 yrs old (Coldwater Guv x Coldwater Mesa) Litter #97183

Major - Rapido Ramrod 7 yrs old (Iruska Excalibur x Kacy Marque) Litter #18841

Sadie - Hank's Erin 3 years old (Hallo West Acre x Noble Storm) Litter# 40759

Sgt Bilko - Our 13 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix - Running at the bridge Kurri, Kassidy and Dove

kurri7.jpg

We're so sorry. At least her Mom was with her.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I saw Emily speak at the remembrance of souls and it was absolutely heartwrenching. I am so sorry for her loss :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very very sorry. I know the pain she is feeling, as many of us do. Please tell her she is in a lot of our prayers and a give her a big hug for me. Seeing the name Barbie, I have to ask what her racing name was, as BarbieJade has a lot of Barbies pups. Thank you.

How very sad. :cry1 Sending my deepest sympathy to Emily for her loss. Godspeed, sweet Barbie girl... send your momma a sign when you can. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

How heartbreaking. Run free sweet Barbie. May you find peace and comfort in the days ahead.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

What an incredibly sad story. I feel for your friend to have her Barbie taken so soon.

:f_white:f_white

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest tricolorhounds

It's so sad... I wanted to cry but didn't want to make Emily start again...

... run free Miss Barbie :gh_run2 We won't ever forget you :grouphug

Guest Tenderhearts

How very sad! :cry1 Please let Emily know that I am thinking of her and keeping her in my prayers :hope :hope :hope

Run free, sweet Barbie! :gh_run

Guest erichina

I also saw Emily speak at the remembrance of souls and was very touched. My hope is that she found the supportive community at the gathering comforting. :f_white

:( I am so sorry. Run free and fast sweet Angel Barbie. I know you will have so many friends at the Bridge. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest kaotic1

how sad... but she went in her momma's arms.... surrounded by lot's and lots of people that love greyhounds. Sorry... my eyes seem to be leaking.... f_yellow