The Forum Has Been Updated

Jeff

Jeff, is there anyway to change how the front page opens in my personal preferences? Before the update when I would go to www.greytalk.com it would go to the front page where I would click, Enter Greytalk or whatever it says, now when I do that it opens a new window, super annoying :lol Should I just change my homepage to the page that comes up after I click? I hope you understand this description, 4 hours of sleep, if not tell me to get coffee and try again

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys
Hi Jeff,

In the quick edit, when I try to complete the edit, it brings me back to the top of the subject. Same thing happens, if while in the quick edit box, I click, go to full edit.

Deleted cookies and temp files and it still happened.

I'm using Firefox

Just wanted to add, that it edits fine in full edit mode, if I start off that way

Same is happening here. Quick edit isn't fixing the edit and just brings me back to the top of the page. Full edit fixes the problem :)

Hi Jeff,

In the quick edit, when I try to complete the edit, it brings me back to the top of the subject. Same thing happens, if while in the quick edit box, I click, go to full edit.

Deleted cookies and temp files and it still happened.

I'm using Firefox

Just wanted to add, that it edits fine in full edit mode, if I start off that way

Same is happening here. Quick edit isn't fixing the edit and just brings me back to the top of the page. Full edit fixes the problem :)

All the javascript on the forum has been updated, and that javascript is cached by your web browser. I want you to report bugs or problems, but it is VERY important that you get the new javascript cached to your computer.

IF you have problems, the FIRST thing you need to do is clear your temp internet files (not cookies, but FILES) you can view how to do that HERE

Once you do that, if the bug remains, please let me know by posting a NEW THREAD per bug in the tech forum.

I also use FireFox, and have tested this both with FF and IE. I can not reproduce that error. Try clearing your temp files again.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Jeff, is there anyway to change how the front page opens in my personal preferences? Before the update when I would go to www.greytalk.com it would go to the front page where I would click, Enter Greytalk or whatever it says, now when I do that it opens a new window, super annoying :lol Should I just change my homepage to the page that comes up after I click? I hope you understand this description, 4 hours of sleep, if not tell me to get coffee and try again

fixed B)

fixed B)

:bow :bow :bow

Its the little things that make me happy :lol

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

OK - am I missing a setup thing here? Used to hit the quote button, paste the quote then hit the quote button to close (and darn this sounds familar like I should know what to do :lol) Get both open and close now

Posts are a great font size but board and thread titles very small for us old people :)

1. it looks like they decided to combine the quote tag button. It will give you both open and close tags. That is not something I can change.

2. I increased the board and thread titles one point. That is as far as I will increase them as it then becomes too large for the rest of us and takes up valuable screen space. The size should be about what it was before the upgrade. Any other size adjustments will need to be made by the user, either as a browser setting, or a screen resolution change. Standards evolve, and we are evolving ;)

I might have missed this, went back but didn't see it...

What do the little people next to your name mean if they are lit up? I'm assuming that it means they are online???

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest KennelMom

My pm box says I have -11 new messages. I did discover the "archive message" feature this morning, which I'm pretty sure has always been there but I never played around with it. I archived all my messages, so the pm box should be empty...

I like how it displays GTers when you float the cursor over the map. Especially entertaining in the North East, where there's a big concentration of us.

:D

Looks like it might be a little off on its geography, though. 3DogNight says she's in SLC, but her map pin is northwest of Puget sound.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

would have been neat if they tied the online image to the gender, but they did not. I'm not so sure it would be worth the extra query needed to parse the different image.

I may even replace it with a dot. Gray for offline, Green for online.