Clay Paw

Guest TheMackeyPack

Guest TheMackeyPack

I picked up Roo's ashed last night. Not only did they put them in a lovely box, they imprinted his paw on a clay mold and put his name on it. I hugged and hugged it. I miss him so.

I just cannot seem to to get past it. This week has been so long, it seems like a month.

Deb

:brokenheart

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Guest Angie626

I got one of those garden stone kits and made a stone with Murphy and Shazam's paw on it...and just a month later we had to send poor Murph to the bridge. Now I think about the big goofy fella every time I walk past that stepping stone.

One day your clay paw print will make you smile instead of cry, I promise.....

hang in there.

Oh Deb, that was such a sweet and thoughtful thing for them to have done for you and your family. I know that even without the pawprint Roo has forever left his mark in your family's hearts, but now you will always have that symbol of him with you.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Guest Lisa_n_Dusty

What a wonderful tribute to Roo! I know how painful it all is I also am reminded constantly of my Dusty. I keep on thinking I won't cry today but, something always sets me off. I have to try to find the joy in having him in my life but it is still too new. I can't get passed missing him. I've read a lot of posts saying we will smile when we think of our babies but, it all seems so far away right now. I perfectly understand your pain.

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Roo's resting place sounds lovely, so personal. My Max was given back to me in a plain white urn. I felt the need to personalize it, so I put his collar around the lid, tags and all.

Deb and Lisa, it will get easier, but your tears are a tribute to how much you loved your kids. There will always be something to remind you and you'll cry. I still cry after 2 years, but I smile, too, remembering how happy Candy and Max made me, and I hope I made them happy, too.

Thats a beautiful tribute to Roo. Now you can see Roo and remember him. It will get better just hang in there

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

What a beautiful thing to do. I know how hard this is for you and I am so sorry. :(

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Our vet did this too, I knew beforehand that it was coming though. I could not wait for it to come back with April's ashes. When they passed it to me the tears flowed again, and I clutched it close to my heart. It is a wonderful thing, and a special remembrance.

My sympathies again, to you and your family.