Because Of Spottydog

Guest CorbysMom

Sis.................I am so, so sorry for the loss of Spottydog.

I can not thank you and Spotty enough for your inspiration and gentle guidance with my own super spook. Between you, Spotty, Michael McCann and Pat Hall for support, Miss Pearl has turned out pretty well. Thanks Spotty. It was great to meet you. I am thrilled you trusted me enough to let me pet you. Rest well baby, I will see you again. Take care of your Mom. Her heart is broken.

NY Nancy

p.s. Pearl would like to make a donation to Spotty's fund in his honor. PM me the info when you feel like it please.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest practicepiano

Nancy, you gave so much to Spottydog, as you do to all of the dogs that come into your life. Thank you for giving him love, and showing him the beauty in life.

I am so sorry. :candle:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm very sorry for the loss of your best boy. :grouphug I can tell from your lovely tribute, how profoundly Spottydog changed your life and taught you valuable lessons. May you always feel his loving spirit with you in your heart. He is only a whisper away. Godspeed, precious boy... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

What a beautiful tribute. Be at peace, sweet Spottydog.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I am so sorry. What a special boy.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Greyglo

I think the people who've mentioned Spotty's legacy are right. Remember when Spotty was able to go to Greyhound picnics without medication to calm him? Remember when people on The List were battling each other over who was more important, the vendors or the visitors? Your one post about it being, for you, about taking a little shy boy with cancer for one last chance to play in the sand truly touched me.

You and Spotty gave people with abused, spooky and shy Greyhounds hope and that's an impressive gift. He will always be remembered, not shaking and scared, but as the beautiful, majestic little man he turned out to be. Life terrified Spotty but he found so much joy with you. Things happen for a reason, and there was a reason he found his way, from far away, to you. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as you mourn this special boy.

Love from all of us here -

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers that the love you and Spottydog shared will sustain you and that your broken heart will be healed.

What a beautiful tribute and song. God bless.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest CorbysMom
I found that getting another helped , Pray about it.

No need. I wrote:

"For the first time in almost a decade, I have no greyhound to love.

I'm stupefied at that thought. It won't stay that way for long. I

will honor all of my greyhounds' memories by adopting another soon."

I'm going to a meet & greet today to see who needs me the most.

Thanks for your condolences, everyone. Wish me luck as I search for a wonderful new boy to love. :)

:( I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy and prayers. Oh handsome Angel Spottydog...there are no fears at the Bridge sweetheart...you among "bestest friends" until you see Mommy again. Godspeed...:grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.