Newbie.. From England

Guest greyt_jen

Guest greyt_jen

Hi All,

Just popped in to introduce us!

Our last Greyhound Tommy died recently (Race name Knockane Kristin) :crying

Long complicated story!

and I was chatting with a lady from Ireland and it turned out she had a greyhound who shared the same sire available for adoption!!

So I went over to meet him and he is just fab!

He will be home on the 18th Feb :yay:yay:yay

I will figure out how to add pics shortly.

Guest greyt_jen
Thanks!!

I'm just trying to set up photobucket, so should'nt be long!

I got it sorted!

Here's Tommy on his way home for the first time.

09-12-06_1053.jpg

Here's Tommy having a rest!

tommy-1.jpg

And here is our new Baby, Angus!

AngusDec06.jpg

And Again!!

070127111106.jpg

Hopefully they will all work :dunno:dunno

:welcome2 Hi and welcome from Miami. Where abouts in the UK are you? More about you and the hounds with pics please.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest Cossiedog

Hi there Jen!

I'm from England too, near Windsor. I'll be getting my firts grey in a few weeks so I'm waiting excitedly too!!

Sorry to hear about Tommy. Angus is beautiful and you can see some family resemblance there.

Guest greyt_jen

Thanks everyone!!

We're from Cheshire, about 20 mins outside Chester.

"Rycezmom" I will update my profile and bits as soon as I figure it all out and have time, Mainly kids, dogs, gothish and cleaning!!!

"Cossiedog" Well done they are beautiful pets and sooo sweet!

Where are you getting yours from and what's his racing name??

Guest Cossiedog

Cosworth will be coming from greyhoundsyndicates.com

She'll be 12 weeks old when we pick her up so she'll neve race and we got to name her (Cosworth was DH's choice- I know it's a boys name but he insisted :huh ).

She has a greyhound data page though:

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1336827

I've heard that grey puppies can be as mad as a box of frogs so although I'm looking froward to it immensly I'm also battening down the hatches!!

Guest Murphymoo

:welcome Welcome to Greytalk, from another UK Greytalker - just down the road from you!

Angus looks like a real sweetie! :wub: I bet you can't wait to get him home!

Keep us updated - we want arrival pictures!! :digicam

hi from the wilderness of the cotswolds in western england. welcome aboard.

this is the best site in the world for greyhounds (and their owners)

what was your new doggies racing name? he might be on the http://www.greyhound-data.com site, never know he might be related to Millie & Cosworth....

I've heard that grey puppies can be as mad as a box of frogs so although I'm looking froward to it immensly I'm also battening down the hatches!!

hi cossiedog,

grey puppies are not only mad as a bucket of frogs, but are also known to be landsharks. blue even ate half a kitchen door amougst other things, books picture frames, etc.

cosworth looks beautiful, she of course should be as she's a fairly close relative of my millie and looks like she has similar markings too., they share at least 8 relatives according to the greyhound data site, millie is at this linky

shared relatives: Skelligs Tiger, I'm Slippy, Whisper Wishes, Sandman, Laurdella Fun, Glenroe Bess, Linda's Champion, & Daley's Gold

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest Cossiedog

Hi Murphymoo. My mum and dad live in Southport and I grew up there so I know your neck of the woods well.

I can't wait to walk Cossie on the beach when we are up there for a visit!

Lol Kronkew! Looks like I'm in for a rough ride then! I am looking forward to it though. That's interesting how much shared blood there is between Millie and Cossie. I'll have no problem with it if Cos ends up looking like Millie, she is beautiful (and Blue too of course!). How old was Blue when you got him?

We're going to see Cosworth on Monday so I should have some more pics :colgate

Hi Murphymoo. My mum and dad live in Southport and I grew up there so I know your neck of the woods well.

I can't wait to walk Cossie on the beach when we are up there for a visit!

Lol Kronkew! Looks like I'm in for a rough ride then! I am looking forward to it though. That's interesting how much shared blood there is between Millie and Cossie. I'll have no problem with it if Cos ends up looking like Millie, she is beautiful (and Blue too of course!). How old was Blue when you got him?

We're going to see Cosworth on Monday so I should have some more pics :colgate

the furry kids send their thanks for the compliment :blush:blush

i got blue when he was 10 mo. old, he'd been found by the police in reading, living rough at about 6 mo. & they think he may have either come from travellers (gypsies for y'all back home - they like greyhound/galgos/whippets for catching rabbits) or was an escaped coursing trainee (he sure does like to chase and turn rabbits).

he'd been turned over to the private rescue centre at binfield, where he was then fostered till i got him. the same day i got him, a lady had taken him for a walk in contemplation of adopting him and been pulled over and dragged. the rescue guy said that was why no one had adopted him yet, along with him liking to jump up and mouth people's hands with his needle teeth (he neglected to mention Blue liked to chew anything made of wood that was not immoveable - blue never chewed furniture, but anything smaller was fair game, like picture frames or a set of cork placemats, books, etc).

his foster family called just as i was leaving (after paying my fees and getting the papers all signed sealed and delivered), as they'd decided to keep him, but were too late. the pulling took about 1 day to cure, the mouthing a few months, he still tries to jump up on new friends (he never met a person he didn't like) but only does it with me when he's excited, usually after playing with his doggie friends at the local fenced area.

sorry for the temp. diversion greyt jen, we now return you to the regularly scheduled topic....

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

what was your new doggies racing name? he might be on the http://www.greyhound-data.com site, never know he might be related to Millie & Cosworth....

His Racing name is Claddagh Pat!

He's got a lot of relatives their Sire was a very busy lad!!

he's also related to my Millie, thru whisper wishes, daley's gold, linda's champion, merry linda, and maythorne pride - we're family, along with cosworth who also has a few of them!

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke