Mustang Has Gone To The Bridge

Guest Lidia

Guest Dodgesmom

Lidia and Mike,

No words can express how grateful we (GPA/LA) are to you and to Melissa for adopting Mustang and Bell after Katrina. I know Iris was very appreciative that such loving families stepped up to provide homes for her babies when she and her husband had to make the heart-wrenching decision to give them up. All of us who knew Mustang, even if but briefly, feel your loss. May you find comfort in knowing that so many others care and understand your grief and may Surf and his new sister bring you many, many years of love and laughter.

By the way.....George, Mustang and Bell's non-greyhound brother, has fit right into our family and enjoys romping and playing in the snow in our new Colorado home.

Peace to you,

Lilla

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lynnrapa

Good Monday morning:

I am new to this web site but happy to find others who love greyhounds and think that they are unlike other dogs. They have their special and appreciative ways.

We had 4 greyhounds but Ghostie found the "bridge" (an expression I haven't heard) on 1/24. He was the heart of the family and 'velcro-ed' to my hip!!!

My husband and I only have the dogs and losing him at almost 10 years old was heartbreaking. Is there anything one can do to make this feeling better? He was a light fawn color, 97 lbs. and seemed OK until he was throwing up from what the emergency vet called Pancreatitus, an enlarged spleen and a liver that was too small for his body. He was very large and tall!

This will be a helpful web site and I look forward to learning more about how I can help.

Thanks,

Lynn Rapa, Methuen, MA

• 1 month later...
Guest Carla

Dear Mike, Lidia and John,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

f_yellow:gh_runf_yellow

Godspeed Mustang.

Hugs,

Carla