Mustang Has Gone To The Bridge

Guest Lidia

Oh, Lidia, I'm so sorry to hear about Mustang. You've had to go through so much loss these last few months. I hope Surf will choose a grey that will bring joy and laughter back into your house again.

I will be going to the kennel Saturday also, so I will see you and Surf there......

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could write a long response in answering your wonderful post, but I won't. I know how much it hurts. I know how you feel. Despite great odds Mustang was pulled from a serious situation and gotten to you. She left this world loved which is much more than many have when they leave. I, too, have been a caretaker for a few of the kids. Owners that passed on and that is why certain ones came to me. We shall have backyards that adjoin and they will visit (or live with me and visit the other--their choice).

Sending my sympathy. I know how hard you tried and how much you did for her.

:f_white

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a beautiful tribute...I had no idea what Katina dogs went through...Mustang was so lucky to have you in the end.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest gordysmom

:( I am so sorry for your loss. May your Mustange run free with all his buddies.

Too much loss lately. My girl, your boy, Pammy.............now they are all together!

I'm so sorry about Mustang.. my heart goes out to you and to her owner, Iris. The best thing is that Mustang is pain free, running at the Bridge with all of our other bridge kids. :f_pink

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

:( I am so sorry. Godspeed precious Angel. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest gapeach1

:f_red:( Our hearts ache for you. It hasn't been quite a year, since my husband and I lost our beloved Tony's Warrior from series of seizures and a stroke.

Mustang was truly blessed to have a family like yours to care for her. Even though she pinned for her owner Iris, she loved you and your family for what you did for her. Unfortunately, some things aren't meant to be, and the victims of Katrina seem to be scattered everywhere. Thank you for what you have done for Mustang. You honored her by taking care of her and helping her on her journey to the bridge. You are her family.

May you find a sweet houndie to help heal the hole in your heart.

GAPeach1

Edited by gapeach1

Lidia and Mike, I sent you a PM.

Mustang was lucky to be loved by so many. Tonight I will tell Bell that her sister is gone but that she is safe and warm and well fed and happy.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

You gave so much. run free sweet Mustang. You were truly loved by 2 families, more than some ever have. Godspeed.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm very sorry about your Mustang. He is pain free and running with the other greys now.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Godspeed Mustang & help Surf pick out a face baster for your Dad. :f_pink

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Mike and Lidia I am so sorry to hear this news. It seems like only yesterday when I was lucky enought to be the last leg of her GUR. She was a sweet girl who I am sure loved her time with your family as much as you loved having her. Tho it pains me to say I am glad she is now in a place where nothing can harm her again.

Edited by jamngrey

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08