In Memory Of Ginger

Guest keegsmom

Guest keegsmom

Ginger wasn't a greyhound. She was an elderly rottweiler. I met Ginger at the shelter where I took care of animal victims of Katrina. Ginger was never reclaimed by her family. She had several people who considered adopting her, but each one turned her down because of her age and her arthritic hips. Ginger never realized she was old. She still loved a game of fetch, although it she would walk to the tennis ball instead of run. And most of all Ginger loved people. I would sit in her pen in the evenings and rub her head and she would give me wet sloppy kisses. And when I had to leave she would put her paws around me and try to make me stay.

Those of us who loved her kept hoping and praying someone would adopt her and cherish her for the wonderful old girl she was. But it was not to be. After spending a year at the shelter, last week Ginger made her way to the Bridge. I am sad that I will never again feel her kisses on my face or her head resting in my lap. But I know that now she can run and play on sturdy legs that feel no pain. Godspeed, sweet girl. You're finally home.

Guest argolola

Oh Leila, how sad. I am crying for this poor girl who had a family and then didn't. Thank you for all you do for the animals, especially the Katrina victims. Thank you for loving this girl and being there for her in her final year.

Godspeed Ginger. You're an angel now.

Godspeed, Ginger.

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

Run free sweet Ginger. You are among many friends who will help you settle in at the Bridge. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry Ginger never found her forever home but the attention you gave her let her know she was loved. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest LuvXRacers

I am so sorry for your loss.

I thank you for allowing us to get to know and to pray for Ginger. Her world was turned upside down but you showed her love and peace before she went to the bridge. God Bless You.

Run happy and pain free Ginger, on the beautiful green grass at the bridge. That is one place that will NOT be taken away from you.

f_yellow:pawf_yellow

I'm so sorry. Even though she didn't have her family with her the last year, she had you there to care about and love her.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Let me start by saying there is a special place in heaven for you...taking care of someone else's doggie while they're lives are turned over & over. We've all seen the devastation this storm put on the families down there & its understanding that sometimes people can't afford to take care of themselves & their pets & luckily someone came along & took care of Ginger for them. You are a doggie angel that's for sure!

I'm so sorry for your loss, but your lovely tribute to Ginger just tells me you loved her very much & she returned that love to you.

Now, she is whole again, running after the tennis balls, sleeping on fluffy clouds & yes, roaching like the greyhounds because her body now allows her to do so. She's awakened in the mornings by the whisper of butterflies & she's in awe of the rainbows. Be in peace that she's okay now....mostly due to your love.

:f_pink:f_white:paw:paw:heart:paw:paw:f_white:f_pink