Guest greylovinpair

Guest greylovinpair

In Loving Memory of Anna

April 20, 1999 –January 22, 2007

Gotcha day: April 17, 2004

post-13792-1169620718_thumb.jpg

Racing Name: Cm Annaterm

To those in her retired life: Anna

To those who loved her most: Anna Banana, Daddy’s Girl, Mamma’s girl, Princess, Redneck doggie (in honor of her incredible overbite!)

Our sweet girl Anna went to the bridge yesterday after months of fighting her Insulinoma. She fought hard and bravely, but over the weekend the tumor became too much. Anna had those loving, knowing eyes and she used those eyes to tell us that it was time to let go.

Anna was a good, happy girl who wanted only in life to be loved. If you let her, Anna would sit by your side for hours and just enjoy getting pet. Her favorite spot was her ears and she would grumble and paw at you any time you tried to stop rubbing them. Besides being pet and just lounging around on the couch, Anna loved to play in the yard, running up and down the fence barking at people. Her goal was not to be mean, but simply to get everyone’s attention. Those who took the time to stop and pet her quickly realized she barked only so they would pause to give her love. Anna also loved chasing her sister Kristi around the yard and, when mom and dad weren’t looking, she enjoyed digging holes, especially right in the front yard for everyone to see.

Anna touched many lives in her time in retirement. In Indianapolis she was quite the poster child for greyhound adoption, and spent her time at Meet and Greets showing everyone what wonderful dogs greyhounds could be. In Utah, she showed other greyhounds how to make the transition from the racing world to the comfy, cozy retired life. Of course, she also taught them how to bark! :) Her strength and courage touched the lives of those in her vet’s office and she was always a loving, calm girl even though they stuck her every week for months to follow her blood sugars. Above all, she touched the lives of her human mom and dad. She taught her mom how to be a “dog person” and provided more smiles and love than could ever be explained. She also gave her mom much needed comfort and love while dad was away in Iraq. Although she loved her mom, Anna was daddy’s girl and she missed him dearly while he was away. I’m sure she tried hard to make it until he came home, but the tumor just became too much. Even though he was not here to say goodbye, Anna knew her dad loved her very much. Anna also greatly touched the life of her greyhound “sister” Kristi, teaching her how to be brave and how to soak in all the love the humans would provide.

post-13792-1169621128_thumb.jpg

Anna was deeply, deeply loved by her mom and dad and by many others whose lives she touched. Although she's been gone only a day, she is already missed. We will miss her more than we could ever describe

Run free at the bridge sweet girl…your mom and dad will see you again someday, as will your sister Kristi. We love you.

Guest argolola

Your loving tribute brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry she had to go. Please take comfort in knowing that you gave her a wonderful life.

May God bless you and your family.

I'm so sorry. Your tribute to Anna shows how much you love her. :f_pink

Godspeed sweet girl :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry for your loss :grouphug Anna sounds like a special girl, I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to get to know her before she passed. Anna, when you get the chance send your mom and dad a sign that you are ok and keep a watchful eye on your dad while he is in Iraq.

Godspeed Anna :f_pink

Guest K9_Lady
:f_red I am so sorry about your loss of Anna and thank you for sharing her beautiful story. She will always be in your heart and I am sure she will be watching over her Dad. :heart:paw

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

:angelwings:gh_run:angelwings A beautiful memorial for a BEAUTIFUL GIRL :wub:

I can feel all your loss and pain just by reading your words but also all the love and devotion you had for Anna

Please find comfort in knowing your not alone in your loss and that Anna is amongst MANY, MANY friends who happily greeted her

GOD SPEED ANNA :angelwings:gh_run:angelwings

Oh dear,

I am so very sorry for your loss of your beautiful Anna. Your love for her is quite evident in your wonderful tribute to her.

Anna is smiling down upon you thanking you for the time you had together. She will ALWAYS be with you in spirit.

Godspeed Anna, you are sadly missed.

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

Hugs,

Carla