Hello

Guest Shuu

Hello all,

Though I've been posting a bit I've never introduced myself. I don't own a Greyhound myself, but I do have a German Shepherd puppy of 7 months. I'd always loved the look of Greyhounds but never thought of adopting one until a meet and greet came to Global Pet Foods in Kitchener (I was working there that Sunday). They were all so mellow and even more gorgeous up close. I've been in love ever since. At this point I'm not sure if a Greyhound would be a good match for me as Ritter (my GSD) is still a puppy and requires a lot of time and energy. I'm not so worried about myself but the Greyhound. I know many are fairly low energy and I'm sure a herding dog puppy would wear one out in about 30 minutes while he was still keen on playing. When Ritter's a bit older I'll definitely be looking into adopting a Greyhound. Until then, I'll just admire and give help when I can about food and behaviour. Nice to meet you all.

Guest K9_Lady
:welcome Hi, your not alone! I don't have a Greyhound yet either but you'll learn a lot from this board! I get my Greyhound fix here until I can have a few of my own :) Edited by K9_Lady

Hi there! I was one of the greyhound folks at Global that day with my boy, Max! Glad to hear we piqued your interest! When you do decide to adopt, let us know - www.waggroup.com Plus the folks here are great if you have any questions along the way...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Welcome.

If you lurk on this site too much(especially the cute and funny) you may find yourself getting a grey sooner then later. :lol

Glad there's another person looking to take one of these beauties into their hearts.

Please keep us updated on the progress.

And a personal request could you post pic of you GSD.

Welcome! Its good to see that you are taking the time to think things through. I'm sure you will know when the right time to adopt a greyhound is (and it will be sooner rather than later the more time you spend on greytalk! :lol )

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. I seem to enjoy torturing myself with what I can't have. :D

And a personal request could you post pic of you GSD.

Of course. Here he is making a goofy face in the snow.

ritter199.jpg

That is some beautiful GSH. WOW.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project