Luna Chase

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

Nearly 6 years ago, the softest, sweetest, most beautiful white and brindle greyhound girly with big doe eyes walked into my life and stole my heart. Today, she left me to join her best buddy Striper, and Holly and Willow at the bridge, and took a huge piece of my heart with her.

Luna has been battling bone cancer for several weeks now. She took a sudden turn for the worse this morning, and wasn't able to walk anymore. We knew the only fair thing for Luna was to be released from her pain.

Here are some of my favorite photos of my sweet girl.

Enjoying the waves with her Aunt Jan

lunaplayis27ry.jpg

Participating in the BBH05 Group Roo

lunaroois20ku.jpg

Celebrating her 13th birthday:

lunabday1tv6.jpg

Sharing a couch with Holly and Striper....hope they can find a comfy couch to hold all 3 at the bridge.

3tatersonacouch6aw.jpg

And one of my all time favorite pics. This was taken by Nan Lassiter at the first M&G Striper and Luna attended. They were very close from day one, and I'm sure they are happy to be reunited today.

sftogetherness7mh.jpg

Run fast and pain free sweet Lulu! Tell Striper, Holly and Willow that I miss them, too! :gh_run2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ohgreyt

Oh, I am so sorry! I hope that she has found her pals and a couch to hang out on. At least she isn't in pain anymore. Deepest sympathies. I love the pictures....

Edited by ohgreyt

Oh, Lisa. I am so sorry. Sweet Luna is an angel now. She is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us every day of the ones we love.

G-d bless.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh I am so sorry....she is such a grand lady isn't she. I love that picture of her running in the waves...what a happy & very much loved lady she is.

I'm positive such a beautiful place beyond the bridge has couches that are miles long so everyone can be on the couch at one time...they're made from fluffy clouds! She'll go to sleep with the beautiful sunset, be awakened by cardinals singing & the whisper of butterflies & a slight glow of rainbows! She found her buddies first thing when she got to the edge of the bridge & they went trotting off together!

:beatheart:heart:heart:gh_lay:f_pink:gh_lay:gh_lay:gh_lay:heart:heart:beatheart

......This one is for Luna............................Striper..........Holly.........Willow

Edited by Snowy8

So very sorry for your loss of your beautiful Luna. She is smiling down upon you thanking you for the time you had together. Luna will ALWAYS be with you in spirit.

Godspeed Luna.

:f_pink:f_pink:gh_runner:f_pink:f_pink

Hugs,

Carla

Guest PhillyPups

Run with the angels, Roo down once in a while to let Mama know you are watching over her. Luna, you will be sorely missed but never forgotten

:bighug to you for your loss of a grand dame.

Her pictures make my heart smile. As hard as it is to let them go, its also easy to remember her place in your heart.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)