Guest gst

Hi guys,

Thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Gary, I live in Mobile Alabama.

My wife and I lost our dalmation of 14 years "Winston" last May,

and my wife has grieved ever since. :(

She recently decided it was time for a new dog, and she talked to some

folks that reccomended adopting a greyhound.

So yesterday, we went to the greyhound adoption center here in town

to visit a greyhound we had seen to their website.

Once we got there they showed us several different greyhounds.

Happily while we were there another guy came in to adopt a greyhound,

a beautiful brindle, so we had several happy greyhounds running around

playing with us and each other. :colgate

We left there yesterday after adopting not 1 but 2 greyhounds. :eek

Today Country Law and Pat C Wafer are getting their required vet visits and

fixes, we will pick them up Friday at lunch, so we will have the whole

weekend to spend with them prior to returning to work on Monday. B)

Wafer is a female 3 years old and Law is a male 2 1/2. Both are White/Black

with plenty of tick marks and both are large, in the 60 pound range.

Needless to say we will have our hands full for the next few weeks.

I would appreciate any suggestions for us new greyhound owners,

especially concerning anxiety when they first enter a new home,

leaving them home during work hours, and

what types of coats or blankets are best to keep them warm even here

in the deep south.

Thanks,

Gary

Guest KennelMom

My condolences on the loss of your Winston :( And lots of congratulations on your two new family members! Keep us posted on how they settle in!

:welcome

p.s. We LOVE pics!

Guest GREENSTGREYS

Congratulations. Thats it , jump in with both feet, you won't regret it. Welcome to greytalk. There are tons of threads about jackets or any other question you might have.

My condolences on the loss of your Winston :( And lots of congratulations on your two new family members! Keep us posted on how they settle in!

:welcome

p.s. We LOVE pics!

Tank you Mom and Greys, the only pics I have right now are the ones from the adoption website, so I'll try to post them :huh

Country Law

Greyhound_Country_Law.jpgGreyhound_Country_Law2.jpg

Pat C Wafer

Greyhound_Pat_C_Wafer.jpgGreyhound_Pat_C_Wafer2.jpg

Edited by gst

Welcome to GT. You will love having greyhounds. You have a lot of questions, there are a couple of great books out there you should try to read soon. Greyhounds for Dummies is one. Also do key word searches on each of our categories, you will find a ton of helpful information. Do not become alarmed at the number of 'problem' questions. When things are going well, people don't post; many times the owners are the 'problem' and we are usually quick to be corrected and learn the proper way of doing things. ;) GT is a wonderful resource. If you have very specific questions post a topic.

Here area few links you might find helpful. LINKY

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Welcome from New Jersey. Cute doggies! Are you going to keep the names?

Don't know, thought about calling Country Law "Bubba" cause you know every

southern shrriffs department has 1 guy named Bubba, or Buford, :lol

but will probably end up just calling him "Law".

Wafer??? don't know I'll let my wife decide, maybe "Cookie"???

Any suggestions???

Guest aujulie

Welcome and congrats on your 2 beautiful dogs! How fun! We, me and my husband, are both originally from Mobile. We now live in Auburn. We adopted our Annie 2 weeks ago from the Montgomery group that is a satelite of the Mobile group. I have enjoyed everyone we have met from these groups. Good luck with your newest additions. I guess we will be learning together! :blush

I like the names, by the way...

I wish to offer my sympathies on the loss of your dal.

Wafer and Law are gorgeous pups! I think that since there will be two together, that they most likely will have a better time at adjusting--less likely have separation anxiety problems...Good luck, and I can't wait to hear stories about your new family members! :)

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!

Hi Gary & welcome to Greytalk! :welcome2

I'm so sorry to hear about Winston, obviously he was very much loved...I hope your wife is feeling stronger about his passing. He will live forever in your hearts.

Congratulations on twins! he he he...You really jumped off the ledge didn't you...very brave! Sounds like you have some greyt poopers...you don't know the rules of greytalk so I'll let you know right now...POST LOTS OF PICTURES!!! :rules Just kidding, post what you can, usually every day. I'm kidding.

But we do like to see them puppers!

Welcome from New Jersey. Cute doggies! Are you going to keep the names?

Don't know, thought about calling Country Law "Bubba" cause you know every

southern shrriffs department has 1 guy named Bubba, or Buford, :lol

but will probably end up just calling him "Law".

Wafer??? don't know I'll let my wife decide, maybe "Cookie"???

Any suggestions???

I like Law & Cookie...but being from Memphis & in the south...you're right not only does every sheriff's office have a Bubba, EVERY family has a bubba! he he he

Guest mountain4greys

Welcome from WV! Your 2 pups are a set of bookends!. Both very good looking. You'll find whatever you need here on Greytalk. I'm very happy you and your wife have finally been adopted.

:welcome:clap :clap :banana:banana:wubsite

Guest PhillyPups

My condolensces on the passing of Winston. Winston will never be replaced, his memory will live strong in your hearts.

HOWEVER, we find we have large hearts, and Law and Wafer look like a stunning pair to help the healing process go. They will find their places in your hearts. Stunning pair you have there. I love the cowdoggies. I love the brindles. I love the blacks. I love the.... well you get the idea.

It is so much fun bringing a kennel dog home, the first time they see themselves in a mirror and want to see that other dog, the first time they realize there is a TV, the first time they find out they can get on your furniture, and look sort of like "am I supposed to be here".

Enjoy the moment, it is like having a couple of toddlers exploring the world. ANd thank you for opening your home to 2 stunning hounds, your life will never be the same, it will only get better.

Again, welcome, and if you have any questions, please know we are here for you.

Guest crazy4greys

Welcome to greytalk. I am sorry for your loss of Winston. Law looks just like my current foster cow-doggie Gabrielle.

Gabrielle_WhiteBlackFemale_closeup.jpg

You could name the female Jude after the Beatles song, then you would have Jude & Law like the actor! :lol Just a suggestion! :P

Crazy, Gabrielle is beautiful.

My wife just informed me that the dogs respond to their given names Law and Wafer,

and if we rename them it will be for her favorite TV show "Law and Order", :huh whatever? :o

Guest houndstooth4

Ha! Our first greyhound's name is Treat. I always joked that if we got a second, we'd name it Trick, but Hawk really seems to suit him, so we left it! I do like your pups' names, for what it's worth.

Guest eastcancoast

Welcome to Greytalk!! So sorry about the loss of your dalmation.

Your new pups are beautiful, I hope the homecoming goes well. When I brought my Silk home she'd already lived in a home before, but Elmo came straight from the track - he walked in and has been a complete delight - no potty problems but he hates the floors and still tippy toes up and down stairs.

How exciting for you.