Good News, Sad News

Guest Lidia

Last night the pain of Bluebird's cancer finally got to be too much, and we had to let her go. My husband decided to post about it in his blog, and, well, it's probably easier to just link to it. He also mentions our newest hound that we adopted this weekend.

http://muddythoughts.blogspot.com/ it's the latest posting.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I am so sorry for your loss.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest Keelyoue

What a lovely tribute to Bluebird. Caused major allergies here. :cry1 Run free beautiful girl with all your friends who have gone to the bridge before you. For your humans, I'm so incredible sorry for your loss. :grouphug Congrats on your new addition!

Oh sweet girl. Run happy and free little one.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Bluebird with us.

Take comfort in knowing she is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us everyday.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry about your loss of Bluebird. I believe she wanted to make sure you were ok and wanted you to a add a new one before she left. She will always be alive in your hearts. run free sweet Bluebird.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

What a lovely tribute to a beautiful girl with one of the most wonderful names I've ever heard of for a greyhound. Fly free sweet Bluebird! :f_white

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Devotion, that's why we went down there when we did-- she needed to know that we were going to continue with GReyhounds. I'm glad to know I wasn't being completely crazy for doing so. And yes, deanna, she always thought of herself as a noblewoman and so had very impeccable tastes.

Thank you all for your kind words, they help a great deal.

And yes, deanna, she always thought of herself as a noblewoman and so had very impeccable tastes.

for some reason, that just brought a (happy) tear to my eye. i love that you knew her that well. i could just picture her thinking so highly of herself :wub:

The Mudslinger sounds like a really nice sensitive guy that is fun to be around. His tribute made me forget I was reading a story about your pupster trotting across the bridge in Blue Bird fashion.

I'm very sorry for your loss & congratulations on your new pup!

:beatheart:gh_lay:f_white:gh_lay:beatheart