Willow Is Gone

Guest kristijewell

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest argolola

I'm typing through tears as I read of your precious baby. She was loved and always will be. May God bless you and DH and heal your broken hearts.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

What a heartbreaking story. I am so sorry for your loss.

Run free sweet girl!

Edited by nancy14

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

oh my gosh, I'm so sorry your beautiful girl was taken from you so soon and so suddenly! :cry1:cry1:cry1

run fast and free, sweet Willow :f_pink

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Willow. It's always hard to lose a friend, particularly one so young, and so unexpectedly. May your memories bring peace to your aching heart. Be kind to yourself.

Run free, sweet Willow.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest MountainHounds

Oh Kristi, I'm so sorry. It's so hard when they go so suddenly, especially when they are so young. My heart goes out to you and Nathan and Xander

I am very sorry for the loss of your sweet girl. I pray that you soon find some peace and comfort in your memories of Willow. I also hope that she soon sends you a sign that she is ok and you will be too.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your beautiful brindle girl. God speed Willow! :gh_run2

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Your sig picture of Willow has always been one of my favourites, such a pretty girl. I'm so sorry and shocked to hear she is gone! What a horrible experience for you and your DH. I hope you will be able find comfort in the happy memories you made together. Your pictures show all the love and fun you shared. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:grouphug:grouphug

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Oh, I'm so sorry you lost your sweet, beautiful girl so suddenly, and way too soon. It's always hard, but doubly so when you are in no way mentally or emotionally prepared. I lost my Nick and my precious cat Daphne suddenly, and the pain was so great that I literally could not breathe. I think it will take a while for your pain to heal. Please remember that there is no time frame for grief. Take the time you need, and one day you will realize that remembering Willow can bring more smiles than tears. You shared a very deep and special love, and that is yours forever.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest kristijewell

Thank all of you for your supportive words. Greytalk is really helping me through this. It can be too hard sometimes right now to look at pictures of Willow--I avoid even looking at my signature in a post right now. But looking at other greys really helps my heart.

As for the signs...I don't know for sure, but I think we may have gotten one. I told Nathan, sort of embarassed, that I thought I had heard Willow's plastic muzzle banging against the porch rails the other night, like she used to do when she was ready to come back in. He looked at me strangely, and said he had heard the same thing, last night, while I was at work. So maybe it was Willie saying goodbye. I also for the life of me could not find my fuzzy slipper this evening--and finally found it quite a ways away across the room. Willow used to love to toss them around. It made me think of her and smile.

Thanks again to all of you for helping us through this.

Edited by kristijewell

I'm so sorry to hear this. :( The picture of Willow with Xander the cat is one of my favorite photos ever. I can't even imagine the shock you must be feeling to lose her so young and unexpectedly! Godspeed, Willow.

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Guest stealthydog

I'm so very sorry. 5 is way too young. I read somewhere that we people live so long to learn how to love and be kind to others. Our dogs already know that so they don't have to stay here as long. Willow must have been a wonderful and loving girl. My sincere condolences.

:f_red

Guest shirley

Oh Kristi I am so very sorry. My heart is breaking for you. I remember the way she was with Xander from posts shortly after I joined GT and we used to post to each other about Buffy and how we both loved the same show and how Willow and Xander got their names. I will say a prayer for Xander that he will be ok without his friend and for you to of course. Run free sweet Angel you will be missed :brokenheart:cry1