Willow Is Gone

Guest kristijewell

Guest kristijewell

Our baby girl is gone. She was only 5, and we are heartbroken. She died very unexpectedly yesterday at home. My husband Nathan was with her, and had just come back from their walk. She was happy and playful as always, and then suddenly yelped a few times, screamed, fell down, and was gone. We still can't believe it. The vet said it was a blood clot to her heart or brain to take her so suddenly, with no symptoms prior to this.

Willow was a true beauty, and a playful spirit. Her favorite way to act out if we weren't paying enough attention to her was to sneak into the bathroom--making sure we were watching, of course--and then sneak back out with a washcloth. She would then happily pounce on it and wipe her face against it very exuberantly. So her tantrums were very clean.

In the 3 short years we had Willow (it would have been 3 on Feb. 22), we took her everywhere. She went to greyhound get-togethers in Myrtle Beach and Gatlinburg. We also took her to Florida twice, to Georgia, Chattanooga, and Boone, NC--which was her favorite place. She made many friends at the dog park there.

I wish there was something I could write here to really capture the spirit of who Willow was. Perhaps the thing I admired most about her is that she adopted a crippled kitten not long after we got her. I included a picture below of her with Xander, her best friend. I know he will miss her.

It's hard right now being in the house or in town; everything reminds us of her. She was our only dog, and our first dog together--and the first pet we've lost. We can't seem to stop crying.

For more pictures, you can go here:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze79phn/id1.html

Goodbye, Willow. We will miss you and remember you always.

post-2476-1167856619_thumb.jpg

post-2476-1167856731_thumb.jpg

Edited by kristijewell

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jettcricket

Oooh no....I'm so so sorry for the loss of your precious girl. I lost a kitty the same way so I know how you are feeling. Sending you peace and white light.... :grouphug:f_pink

I am so sorry!

When I first joined GT, I saw your siggy picture of Willow, I thought she was the most beautiful Brindle I had ever seen. She still is.

Farewell, Willow. May you run free and await at the Rainbow Bridge for that magical reunion!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest KennelMom
When I first joined GT, I saw your siggy picture of Willow, I thought she was the most beautiful Brindle I had ever seen. She still is.

I thought the same thing.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine :cry1:grouphug

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

Oh I am so sorry for your loss....Willow was beautiful and an angel now....I am sure her spirit will live on forever within your hearts....again...I am so sorry.

Guest greybookends

I lost one the same way a couple of years ago. It just leaves you numb. I am so sorry for the loss. It seems so much harder when you don't get the chance to say good-bye, but at the same time she didn't suffer. I understand how you must feel.

Run free Willow :f_red:gh_run:f_red

A sudden and unexpected loss is the most traumatic to your heart. I know she will be dearly missed.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest greytmonty

I am so sorry. My inlaws lost their beloved boxer in the same sudden way, she was running down the beach and just fell over dead. They were in terrible shock, as you must be.

Willow looks like she was so sweet (with her kitty friend) and beautiful, I am very sorry for your loss.

So her tantrums were very clean
this made me smile :)

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious girl :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

This is so unbelievable and shocking! I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Willow. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.