With Much Sadness Henry Aka Bones At Bridge

cowpantslady

for those of you who remember daphne & henry aka bones

thank g-d daphne is doing fabulously

Lisa president of Grateful asked me to post this to all of those who sent prayers and support for this wonderful pair

:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of Grateful

Greyhounds' beloved Henry. Henry came into our lives a little more than

a year ago and was quite literally at death's door then. The greyhound

community came together and rallied for both Henry & Daphne. Through

the love and care Laura and Maureen provided Henry in their home, he

was able to make a remarkable recovery and was thriving throughout the

summer and part of the fall. His journey came to a quiet end today,

surrounded by those who loved him very much. Please keep Henry, Laura

& Maureen in your thoughts and prayers.

If you are unfamiliar with Henry & Daphne's story I invite you to read

about them on our website (gratefulgreys.org).

Respectfully,

Lisa Sallie, President

Grateful Greyhounds, Inc.

(Permission to cross-post)

Iris

www.ligc.org

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

run with the angels baby........

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

:weep Although I never met Henry, I loved him from afar. My prayers go out to Laura and Maureen, with the loss of this precious brave boy, and all those whose hearts were touched by him. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet boy... go and run with our beloved Bridge angels, for you are now one. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

oh no...not henry :(:f_red

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I wish I had something useful to say at a time like this...

OH NO...

I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with Maureen & Laura. You made THE difference in his life.

Godspeed Henry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Henry and Daphne have a special place in my heart :wub::wub:

I'm so sorry to hear that Henry has gone to the bridge -- but I'm so grateful for all the folks that helped him know comfort, love and compassion when he needed it the most.

run fast and free, sweet Henry :f_red

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

f_yellow:gh_runf_yellow

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Tenderhearts

Henry and Daphne have remained in my prayers ever since first reading about them. I am so sorry Henry has left this earth, but what a wonderful loving life he had this last year :cry1 Run free Henry, and Lori Ann will show you around over the bridge :gh_run

Guest BleusysMom

I'm sure Sweet Henry ONLY remembers the LOVE he knew during this past Year....and the LOVE that will continue until he mets HIS LOVING HUMANS again....

Have Fun up There Fella....you are with Many of our BEST.....