How Do I Find Littermates ~ Glb's Ginny?

Guest GinnysMom

Guest GinnysMom

Hi,

I'm trying to find the littermates of my girl Ginny (Glb's Ginny). I tried calling the previous owner/breeder, but he was no help. I'm not sure what else to do. I looked at the Greyhound Data site, but it doesn't show where they are now. They only raced for a short time. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thank you,

Carrie

Her ear mark is 121C-99874

Guest lizmego

You'll find that trying to find littermates is not easy.

First step would be to contact the National Greyhound Association to get a pet certificate for your dog and register your dog as a pet with your contact information.

2nd step is to list your dog on the littermates list LINK and when other littermates come looking then they will find you. You can also search the littermates list if you know the other littermates racing/registered names.

Do you know where all the littermates raced? Then you can determine if the racetrack has an official adoption center, contact them to see where the dog got placed.

If you know what kennel the littermate raced with at the racetrack, even better. Contact them and ask which adoption group they placed the dog with.

There is no easy process to finding littermates. Heck, I found that one of my girl's littermates was up for adoption with an adoption group in another state and after contacting them multiple times, they never responded to me. Sometimes littermates just can't be found.

Guest lizmego

Another good idea to list the littermates with tattoos in your siggy so when you post on GT it will show up and someone may see it that has a littermate. See my siggy for an example.

Guest Prefontaine

Hey Carrie-

I responded on EG about your girl's race name, etc. I looked through the sources that I have and couldn't find anything. I did see that she raced at Corpus Christi, and that her littermates either didn't race or not much. Littermates really are hard to find. Some other forum discussions are trying to come up with a better way to track the dogs, but with not much success thus far. It is a frustrating task, but one that is rewarded qiute nicely when one is found! We found one of Pre's littermates about a year ago, and I send her collars every now and again. Still haven't found any of Justin's. Keep looking, and good luck!!!

Guest GinnysMom

Thanks for looking! I was able to find one of her brothers who lives in Pennsylvania, but no luck on the others yet. Does anyone know where they go after their racing career ends? Most of them stopped racing in 2003, but I just adopted Ginny in 2006 ~ so I was just wondering....

Carrie

Guest Prefontaine

How long have they had her? That is quite strange. Did you ask the group where they got her? They could trade dogs with another group when they have sat too long. Or she may have been on a farm or another track that doesn't report.