Hello Everyone!

Guest dougclarke

Guest dougclarke
Hello everyone! I'm new here to Greytalk, I've been on the GPA - NH for a little bit now and that's how I got introduced here. I found here actually with the postings for Gigi (I am so over-joyed she's back home & safe now!). OK, so here's an introduction. I am from NH, and adopted, actually I was adopted by, Carrie, a brindle female back in '97, and I've had "Grey fever" every since. She passed away this past January (she was 11½) with Osteosarcoma. I havn't been able to re-adopt yet because soon after, the landlord sold the condo I was renting so I am now in an apartment that doesn't allow dogs (conflict of intrests with the current landlord having 2 dogs of their own). So I volunteer when I can with local Meet & Greet's, and whatever else comes up. So, I guess that's it for now.

welcome!!!! :welcome

sorry about the loss of your Carrie :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest dougclarke

Thank you! Just a quick question, I posted a photo, but I noticed it's not showing on the left of my posting, by my name. How can I get it to show there?

Thank you! Just a quick question, I posted a photo, but I noticed it's not showing on the left of my posting, by my name. How can I get it to show there?

Welcome, glad you were able to make it.

As for the photo, there are some features that aren't immediately available, PM's are one of them.

If you use the support button on the top of the page, it will take you to a support ticket. Those little pictures ( avatars) can only be done ( I think) by a GT moderator.

I see you live in Durham. We have M&G's on the 3rd Sat. of the month at Portsmouth Petco.

Also starting in Jan, we are also at the Kennel Shop in Sanford, Me. on the second Sunday of the month. Stop by sometime if you are out and about.

Sorry about Carrie. :(

It's to bad you aren't able to adopt. My current foster should probably be an only dog. ;)

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest dougclarke

Thank you everyone! Even though it's been almost a year since I lost Carrie, she is still near & dear to my heart, as I'm sure everyone here can relate to, having a Grey in their life at one time or another! Especially being as she was my first Grey. And, Diane4114, the Portsmouth M&G is actually the one I usually go to! That one & also Manchester is one I frequent as well. I've been on the GPA-CNHC forum for a little while now, I recognize you from there! I don't know if we've met, I've volunteered with both last year's & this year's parade in Concord as well as going to a few meet & greets. Thanks for getting back to me about the photo, I'll look into it!

Wavin at ya from Miami. Maybe its time to move to a more hound friendly location. Wecome to the board.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Thank you everyone! Even though it's been almost a year since I lost Carrie, she is still near & dear to my heart, as I'm sure everyone here can relate to, having a Grey in their life at one time or another! Especially being as she was my first Grey. And, Diane4114, the Portsmouth M&G is actually the one I usually go to! That one & also Manchester is one I frequent as well. I've been on the GPA-CNHC forum for a little while now, I recognize you from there! I don't know if we've met, I've volunteered with both last year's & this year's parade in Concord as well as going to a few meet & greets. Thanks for getting back to me about the photo, I'll look into it!

I go to the Ports. one, but not usually until @ 1 PM. I very rarely go to the parade, it's usually the same Sat. as Ports. Petco.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Hi dougclarke!! Welcome to GT. I lost my first & only grey, Cody, the previous January, she was 12 & 1/2. I also haven't gotten another yet, but it's due to my old grumpy cat who LOVES being an only pet now!! She gets to have her time... then when she goes, I'll get 2 kitties who actually like each other AND a grey!! (That's the plan, anyway!)

So there are other greyless addicts... I mean aficianados of course!!... here on GT. We'd love to see pix of your girl Carrie!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest dougclarke

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I haven't been able to get a picture next to my name yet here on my profile, but if you click on my name you'll see a picture of my Carrie out cold on the couch! I want to upload more if I can, and if not, I'll rotate her picture periodically! I love the site! :banana