Sequoia

Guest PNWtrillium

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm so sorry. that was a beautiful tribute. we'll all miss her :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry :grouphug Another beautiful bright twinkling star in the night sky, shining down upon us. You gave her the best gift of all...love.....

Run free Sequoia :f_pink

While 6 months seems too short to us, dogs do not have the same concept of time. She had a lifetime of joy with you and you have a lifetime of joyful memories. She loved and was loved. That's all that matters, in the end. Peace to you and happy zoomies to Sequoia - have fun, pretty girl.

:f_pink:f_pink:grouphug:grouphug

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest Jengonetothedogs

What a beautiful tribute to your girl and to your life together...'short' doesn't describe the time you were together, because 'full and joyous' always trumps 'short'. I'm very sorry for your loss, but grateful you chose to share your Life with Sequoia with us. :grouphug

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to both lose one very young and to lose one after such a short time...I take comfort that the pup knew love and knew happiness.

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!

I'm so sorry. :cry1 You wrote a beautiful remembrance.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Though only six months with you grey is a very short time, no matter how long they stay, they never stay long enough. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Sequoia.

I do hate cancer. It is a thief who robs us every day.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest LuvXRacers

Oh Marcella, what a beautiful tribute to your special girl. Though your time together was so short, you made her very very happy. I pray that in time you will find room in your heart for another. reading your words, it shows that you have so much love to give. My silly girl K.C. helped heal my heart after Mattie went to the bridge....I believe Mattie sent her. Eventually, Sequoia will send you one so that they can have what she had with you.

:f_red

Godspeed Sequoia, run happy and pain free.

Such a lovely and loving tribute to your sweet girl. I am so sorry for your loss.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I am so sorry for your loss. I always have loved seeing the pictures of Sequoia on your signature - she was beautiful. I hope you find peace in knowing that you made Sequoia happy during the time she spent with you.

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

what a beautiful tribute to such a special girl :wub:

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I'm glad she was able to spend her time with you! :f_pink

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest RooMomma

:gh_run Run free, beautiful Sequoia. It was a pleasure and honor to know you. :heart

Many, many hugs to you, Marcella. Remember, the heart holds an infinite amount of love. Sequoia and Dancer will never fade away, and there is still room for another special girl. :bighug

Guest PNWtrillium

Thank you all so very much for the comfort you have sent me. It is received at a deep level and is very healing. I appreciate the reminders that our hounds live in the moment; that really eases my mind. (Funny what we forget when we're grieving.)

I want to share something that didn't make it into my tribute: Late on the day after Sequoia died, I went into the kitchen to get something and I felt dog energy. I knelt down and could feel Sequoia and Dancer, one standing on either side of me. I put my arms around them and hugged them -- I could *feel* the energy of their bodies, with their different sizes. They gave me lots of kisses and, through tears of happiness, I told them how much I love them. We "talked" for a while and then they were ready to go play. I thanked them for coming and told them they were always welcome to visit. Sensing them run off to romp together filled my heart with peace.

I think that writing my tribute to Sequoia helped settle her solidly into my heart, which allowed me to be ready for a new grey. Keep an eye open for a thread about my new girl, who I met on Saturday and will bring home Friday!