Missing Ella

Guest traeandtonya

Guest traeandtonya

It has been a week since Ella passed and I still miss her.

I had a thread in Health and Medical about her seizures that started all of the sudden. I have a mountain of guilt pressing on me that I did not do more for her. I had changed her food to a different brand and the first seizure I noticed was about 1 week later. I contacted My Vet and they said to monitor her and possibly it was a one time occurence. I did. She had another seizure 2 days later. I was going crazy trying to figure out what it was and wanted to get her seen. It was then that I thought of the food. I investigated and found a preservative that could be the reason for the problem. I changed her food back and she was seizure free and exhibited no signs of ill health for over a week. The Vet agreed that possibly I had located and solved the problem. I was so happy that the problem was solved. Last Sunday she had another seizure, I knew at once that this one was different. I laid on the floor beside her, held her and talked to her and within minutes...she was gone. I hurt everytime that I think that I could've done more. I can't stand the thought that I could've prevented her untimely death. She was only 7.

My only consulation is that her passing could not have been prevented even with a trip to the Vet. At the time I thought it was the food. I pray that a trip to the Vet would've only caused her more pain than to pass at home with her family around her.

Sorry for the long post, feels better just to tell someone.

Missing Ella

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious girl. You did all you could. If she had to leave, it was better to go in her home with her family at her side.

Please take comfort in knowing that she had love and a family. I'm sure she was a happy girl.

May God bless you and heal your broken heart.

i remember your post about ella. i'm so, so sorry about the outcome :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry you lost Ella. I don't think you could have done anything different. At least you got to hold her as she left.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am so sorry. Ella is watching over you. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Ella. It's always hard to lose a friend. May your memories bring peace to your aching heart.

Run free, sweet Ella.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I'm so sorry for your loss :( . You did all that you could, and obviously there was something else going on that probably had nothing to do with the food she was eating. Be comforted in knowing that you were with her, providing her with comfort and love when she passed. :f_pink:grouphug

Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

:grouphug

You were there for Ella, you gave her a home to call her own, the love and devotion so many other dogs out there will never know. Please find comfort in that.

NO matter what was done it was Ella's time and try as we may we can't change what GOD has planned. Doesn't make it hurt any less, I know

:angelwings:gh_run:angelwings GOD SPEED Ella

My heart goes out to you.

Godspeed, gallant little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest traeandtonya

Hello,

I want to thank everyone for your kind words. I do not have any friends locally who own a grey and it helps to get words of encouragement from fellow owners or fellow "owned". :bighug

In my original post I meant to say something about the people who put Ella into my life and forgot. A little more than two years ago I drove from TN to B-ham AL to visit with Kevin and the pups there, not sure whether I would adopt or just get aquainted. I fell in love with Ella and so did the rest of the family. The folks there in B-ham were great to deal with, friendly and welcoming. I appreciate their work and dedication more than words can express. I know that Kevin is not the only person there but he is the only person we met in person that day. If or when I adopt again I will definately return to them. I am nervous about adopting a new grey. I am afraid that another grey could never replace my Ella. (No offense to anyones pup but Ella was the BEST)

Kudos to GPA- North Alabama! :yay :yay

Trae

Edited by traeandtonya

I am so sorry for your loss. If there is any comfort, at least you were with her at the time she was called.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:grouphug:f_white

I'm so sorry to hear about Ella's passing. When the time is right, you will find another grey who won't replace Ella, but will still enrich your heart. Each greyhound is different and our love for each one is different.....and that's ok :) .

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest maryjo79

The pups who have left us can never be replaced, but they can open our hearts to love others. That is their greatest legacy to us.

Please don't feel guilty. Ella knew she was loved just as Ella loved in return. I know words can't ease the pain of her passing, but please accept my very deepest sympathies for your loss. :grouphug

:f_pink:f_white:gh_lay:f_white:f_pink

I am so sorry for your loss of Ella. I'm so glad you were with her when she crossed the bridge.

Please do not feel guilty for anything you did or did not do...and do not be afraid to get another greyhound or another dog of any breed. In my heart, I feel like Ella opened the door for you to help another one, to give another one a home full of love just like you did for her.

She was given an opportunity to make you & your family happy, she did it...find comfort in knowing you made each other's life complete.