Red Striper 12/18/92-12/14/06

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LuvXRacers

My heart goes out to you. This is exactly how I lost my Sweet Mattie Girl. How I know the tragedy of going from "every thing is fine" one moment, to "my world torn upside down the next." She, too, was my first and is the reason I am addicted.

As hard as it is for you right now, time does help. Please find comfort in the memories of your precious Striper.

I am so sorry.

Oh, Striper, what a sweet, dreamy face you have. Run free, sweet boy.

:f_white

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I'm so sorry! :cry1:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

Today would have been Striper's 14th birthday, so I wasn't at all surprised when I got the call from the E-vets office tonight telling me that his ashes came in today. It just seems so fitting. When we lost Willow last year, I planted a Willow tree in her memory and mixed her ashes with the soil as we planted her tree. That felt so right to me, that we took Holly's ashes, which had been sitting on the mantle for nearly a year while we decided what to do, and planted them with a Holly tree. After we did that, we talked about what we would do for the rest of the dogs. Striper was a very happy, outgoing dog with an awesome sense of humor. My 13 year old daughter decided that since he's such a nut, a pecan tree would be best for him. I couldn't argue that logic, so when the time is right, we'll plant his memory tree. I miss that sweet, goofy boy so much! :cry1

Guest traeandtonya

My heart goes out to you in you loss. I was with Ella (my first grey) when she passed earlier this month. In the midst of the pain, it meant a lot to know that I was there holding her when it happened. Prayers for you and yours.

f_yellow

I am so sorry. :candle Try to take some comfort in knowing that Striper knew he was loved. :grouphug Run with the angels Striper. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved hound. How lucky both he and you were to enjoy six long years together. Please be comforted in knowing that he will remain with you always, close to your heart. :f_red:grouphug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

• 2 weeks later...