Red Striper 12/18/92-12/14/06

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tenderhearts

I am so so sorry for your loss :cry1 Lori Ann took a bad fall the night before she crossed over the bridge, so I know how you feel. Her back legs gave out before her big senior heart did. May God hold your aching hearts in his hands. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Im so sorry for your loss :grouphug :grouphug

:gh_run

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

Thanks for all of your thoughts. Today was very hard. I did go to work, but spent most of the day crying as I told all of my friends of this loss. They were very sweet and understanding and even sent flowers. I know the next few days are going to be really hard, too. Having one less bowl at feeding time, one less head to count to make sure everyone is tucked in at night....all those little things. Striper was going to turn 14 on Monday, and my daughters and I had planned a Pirates of the Caribbean birthday party for Sunday that won't happen now. He would have really loved that. :weep

I do feel that the way this happened was a blessing. Striper was not in any pain, and while he was conscious, he wasn't aware. He would have been terrified of the visit to the vet and not being able to move if he had been aware. He left very peacefully with his head cradled in my lap.

Losing our babies is just so hard.

I know it is so hard. You and your daughters should have that Pirates of the Carribean party to celebrate his life. He will be with you forever. It does give you peace knowing he didn't suffer. That is the way it should be for all of ours. However, the pain you feel is a measure of the love you had for him. May you find comfort in the days ahead. Red Striper was a wonderful companion!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Run with the wind, handsome fellow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry :grouphug :grouphug

Striper was going to turn 14 on Monday, and my daughters and I had planned a Pirates of the Caribbean birthday party for Sunday that won't happen now. He would have really loved that. weep.gif

Oh man, this made me cry too. I'm so sorry :weep:grouphug

Forever in my Heart Joe T Greyhound, Charly Bear, Angel Daisy, and Katze & Buzz Kitty.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Striper you enriched your momma's life more than you can ever imagine. Along the way you have helped so many hounds by just being you

There's many new angels in the heavens above Striper. Go, run pain free and watch over your mom and family down here on earth. They miss you sweetie

:angelwings

:grouphug