Meet Hellboy - Have You Ever Seen A Dog This Color?

Guest JudiK

This is one of my foster boys, his name is Hellboy - I asked for suggestions on that issue earlier... he's here now and he is the most unusual color. His whole body shot looks like a red fawn (which he is):

100_0609.jpg

His face has gorgeoous "eye makeup" that runs out to his ears, and a bit of frosting (if he was a horse, I'd call it roan):

100_0607.jpg

But the real surprise is the dark brindle tail with a white tip - it looks like it came from another dog!!

100_0610.jpg

He has to be the most unusual looking hound ever to come through my home. He was quite a racer too - he won half his races!

Guest tricolorhounds

Bonks has a brindle tail too!

aaatoukus.jpg

I don't think Bonks ever had any black on his face.. His face is white but not from age... He came off the track at 3 and his face was white then too.

Guest PhillyPups

what a handsome boy he is. Love the coloring. Sometimes the coloring is interesting. Zeus, a blue has white outline on both ears, like you took highlighter on them, and from the back he has a blue tail, but the underneath of his tail is coal black. If he is lying on the couch and his tail hangs over I always get a jolt like where did the black tail come from. :wub:

One of the pups we raised was colored like that... We called him Dipstick!

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

Guest crazy4greys
Holly's tail is like that too! (Holly is at the GAC kennel) She's a mix, but still, totally the same. So cute!

Holly is soooo beautiful! She is my sponsor dog! :)

Hellboy is very stunning! I am sure he will get adopted very quickly! :colgate

O-o-o-h, I've heard of sable. If this is sable, then I'm getting a light fawn with sabling next month - Salsa. I've seen her picture and it looks like she has a black stripe running from her neck to the tip of her tail. I can't wait to see her in person... I'd share her pic with you if I could remember where I put it <sigh> "Stroke girl is struggling again... mypetpages is always crashing on me so I tried that other one you guys are always talking about - and now I can't remember what it is. If I ever remember I will share Salsa's pic with you.

I had a female who's tail was like that.

Sorry this is not a real clear pic but you can see her tail that looks like a "hook"

fd46f013.jpg

Shelby - Hyuall 8 yrs old (Coldwater Guv x Coldwater Mesa) Litter #97183

Major - Rapido Ramrod 7 yrs old (Iruska Excalibur x Kacy Marque) Litter #18841

Sadie - Hank's Erin 3 years old (Hallo West Acre x Noble Storm) Litter# 40759

Sgt Bilko - Our 13 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix - Running at the bridge Kurri, Kassidy and Dove

kurri7.jpg

Yup, called Sable or sabling. We have 3 fawn sable pups waiting for their homes at GRA right now. Beautiful colouring!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.