Hungaryan Greyhound

Guest Buksicsoka

Here is the only phrase I know in Hungarian: Kellemes Karacsonyt es boldog uj evet (Merry Christmas and a happy new year... I think)

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest Buksicsoka

Sziasztok-hello everone! :kiss2

Thank you all what you wrote me.

Szervusz ozgirl2!

Udvozollek JeaniesMom, orulok, hogy magyarul is irhatok. Buksi ot honapos kolyokkutya. Egy honapja van nalunk.(hello JeaniesMom,Im happy, to say some hungarian. Buksi five month old puppy. He is at us one month ago. )

Neked is jo napot pupwellq!

Thank you retiredracers, Merry Christmas and a happy new year for you too! Its the magic sentence in this period, witch I also like.

Soo nice to hear that, how many people know something about hungary and hugaryan language or people. I try to send more and more picture about hungerian greyhound to know about this tipe of grey too. And just enjoy as I do enjoy youre phtos. :colgate

Guest GracieMae

Welcome ~ My father's mother and father were born in Hungary. I remember when my grandmother was getting her American citizenship, I was a young child. She was learning about our government and some pledges. My father has taped recordings of my Aunt Mary and his father singing beautiful Hungarian songs. My maiden name once had a Z in it. All I know how to say is "Kish Anjal" (Little Angel). I was never called that!

You have a very beautiful dog!

Guest SurlyJen
I love greyhounds, are soooooooooo beautifull in-and-outside.

This is so true...well-spoken!!!

Welcome to GT, your pup is gorgeous :)

:heart,

Jen and Aley

Szia, and our dog never raced either, and we got him when he was 5 mos old. We are Hungarian also, me by marriage. My husbands Grandfather and grandmother come over here and met on the boat. Grandmom was from Pest. Our last name was the word for 'Rye' -zshtny? pronounced '**ney', so husband's father and uncle changed it to Zitney.

Bulski is beautiful, such a striking dark brindle color. I'll bet he is loads of fun - our Khan was at that age - he is 3 now, a black beauty, going grey too quickly!!

Nan & Rich Zitney

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FawnPax

Welcome! I am new to GreyTalk myself.

My grandparents were from Hungary, and my father spoke the language fluently. I recently developed an interest in the Hungarian Revolution and am reading a book on it by Michael Korda. I was 7 years old when it began and was never aware of it.

I just learned yesterday that a neighbor came here from Hungary 25 years ago. We had never spoken much, except for greetings and weather talk, but I noticed the Hungarian flag and crest decal on his car and asked him about it. His face lit up, and we talked like old friends.

Beautiful dog!

Wish I had learned the language from my father, but I'm limited to "paprikash" and "Gulyas," my maiden name.

Betty

Hi! I just wanted to say--I met a woman today that originated from Hungary at our Meet & Greet today. She said that she came here when she was a young woman, and when she walked by the greyhounds, she was so supprised. She said the name of the hound (I can't remember it, begins with an A) in Hungary. She said that people had them as pets, and when she came over here, she was supprised about how many were used in racing over here (I believe she meant instead of hunting? But I didn't get the chance to ask about that...). She said that she's never seen one close up since in the USA, and they were as sweet and docile as she remembered them to be. She talked a while about dogs and animals that she loved, and left. It was a nice supprise, and she was so very nice.

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!