On Your Birthday, Booker

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

12/11/1991 - 11/17/2005

Today is the day Booker would have been 15 years old and it is his second birthday at the bridge. I would have thought that as time went by that missing you would lessen and less tears shed when I think about him. I can laugh at the good times and the silly times but the tears still flow when I realize how much I miss him. To most people, Booker would have been the least perfect dog but to me, he was perfect. Even with his peeing in the house, his pure alpha-ness, his barking (yes, barking) for no reason other than to let us all know he was still in charge. Living up to his race name of Boonoonoonoos (Jamaican for the very best), he truly was the best.

You comforted so many of the residents at DH's grandmother's nursing home, made our lives richer for your knowing you. You were a proud old man in so many ways. I hope that they have cake for you at the bridge, I know how much you love it.

Be sure to greet all the new members of the bridge club with your smile and make sure they send their families a sign that they are alright, as you did the night you left us. Shooting stars or rainbows, some sort of sign...

011_8A-1.jpg

018_16_0001.jpg

bookerwindow.jpg

006_3A_0001.jpg

Happy Burfday Booker...you handsome guy! Take off & let us see you run sweetie! I'll bet you & Pegasus are best friends! Send your mommy some snowflakes today!

:f_white:snow:b-day:gh_run2:b-day:snow:f_white

That face ....... :wub:

Happy Bridge Birthday, Booker.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.