Billy 01/19/99- 09/12/06

Guest DogDayzGreyz

Guest DogDayzGreyz

Today my best friend left me for a land where he’d be free of pain and whole again. I wish him God Speed and send him on his way with my heartfelt gratitude that I was the one who got to share his adventure with him. For life with Billy was a great adventure, it was never, ever dull and often you didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, but you never doubted his zest for life or his love for all his humans. His passing was peaceful, we couldn't bear his suffering, he deserved to be painfree again.

Billy came to me a black, scarred up, cat zapping, ferret zapping, escape artist, he was my first greyhound, and became my very best friend. I have so many stories of Billy, I could be here all day. There were all the times we came home to find him out of his crate standing on the Kitchen Island. He couldn’t get down, but he’d get up there everyday and wait for us, there was when Billy would let fosters or visitors out the front door and then go calmly back to bed. Try explaining to your alarm service that you need a door ajar chime so your dog will stop letting the other dogs out! Billy was the bane of the neighbourhood fluffy population, but you know he never WANTED to really hurt anyone. And he solved the problem of the Jack Russell that fought back, he simply pretended he never saw him after that. Or any JRT’s for that matter. They simply ceased to exist, pigmies around his heels, if you will.

We watched Billy go from his earned nickname of “No touchy, touchy” to BoboLinksy. Both where oh so apt for the times. In the beginning, when we adopted Thunder, Billy would hate for Thun to touch him. There would be snarks and noise and all kinds of drama, he’d make a huge production out of moving, and sighing when he finally setteled in a new, thunder-free spot, and then thunder would wait five minutes, follow him and do it all again. The two of them truly were the proverbial married couple. They bickered and they argued, but they loved each other unquestionably. BoboLinskey came to Billy as he entered his little old man on the porch phase! The dog had a thousand looks and expressions and anyone who ever met him would tell you he was always thinking……Well he adopted this look for all the other dogs that was priceless. It WAS the little old man glaring at the kids going by on their skateboards! I was often reminded of two little old men playing chess when I would see Billy and Thunder lying side by side. My consolation now is that they are finally together again, and the game will continue…..

A piece of me died today, but there is a bigger part of me that didn’t exist until I met Billy, and that is the legacy he left me with. Billy taught me to love with all my heart, take joy in the simple things and to never, NEVER give up. No matter what pain he endured, he was always the clown that wanted to remind you that life was good. I will be grateful for Billy’s legacy everyday for the rest of my life. Just like I will be grateful everyday of my life that I had the coolest dog on the planet, even if it was much too short.

Godspeed, Billy, Mommy will love you forever. Kiss your brother for me.

This dog gave me so much peace....

billyandme.jpg

He said it all with those gorgoeus eyes...

swoonbilly.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry that Billy has passed! :cry1 :cry1 and so soon after you just lost your precious Thunder...that's too much for anyone to bear :( :( :(

what a beautiful and loving tribute to your boy -- he was a very special boy! :wub::wub:

:bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I' m so sorry you've lost him. He was beautiful.

Godspeed, Billy, run free at the bridge with all our bridge kids.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Oh Trish! How devastating! I am so sorry. I really wish there was something I could have done for him. As you told me...Tonight I will look for a new bright star in the Heavens and think of your lovely Billy. I am sure Thunder greeted him. Hopefully Kona will find him too. Take care of yourself and your family in this difficult time. You are in our prayers!

Run pain free sweet Billy! We allknow how much you will be missed.

:weepf_yellow:bighug

The Girls

A piece of me died today, but there is a bigger part of me that didn’t exist until I met Billy

This is so wonderful. How we survive after we lose the ones we love. :wub:

I'm so sorry for your pain, Trish. Hugs to your whole family.

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest DogDayzGreyz

I am reminding myself today that the cost of being part of the this community and loving these dogs are days like the past two have been. And you know what? With all of you being as kind and supportive to all of us losing loved ones, it is so worth it. I am so grateful for this community and all of my friends here that I will take the good with the bad. I will grieve my handsome boys, both gone too soon, and I will honor them by giving my couch to another that is waiting.

You all will never know what your support means to us at times like these. The greyhound universe is indeed the most special place on earth.

Guest fountainpengwen

:grouphug I am so very sorry to hear about Billy! He and Thunder are together again now. I know how hard it is to lose your heart dog and best friend -- my angel dog Luna will surely find Billy and show him the ropes, she's had almost a year to get to know the Bridge. :grouphug

Godspeed, sweet Billy. :gh_run2

I'm so sorry. They love us so much more than we can ever tell them. :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest vahoundlover

:weep:weep I am so sorry :grouphug You were given a precious gift and I am so sorry he had to leave so soon. There is another beautiful bright star in the sky tonight, Billy and Thunder will be watching over you and your family together.

Godspeed Billy :f_red

Oh, I am so sorry to see that Billy has gone to the bridge. I know that Thunder, Tigger, and Lori Ann must have been the first faces he saw. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Godspeed sweet baby, I know you and Thunder will be with your Mommy always. Take good care of them, and send the one you told her about to help heal the hurt.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.