Bonnie & Rosie (non-greys)

JerseyGirlInOz

My dear friend Wendy had to help not one, but TWO of her gorgeous girls to the Bridge on Saturday. Wendy is a true champion for all animals, and has a heart of gold the size of Texas.

Bonnie and Rosie were the sweetest, cuddliest girls, and every time I went to Wendy's I ended up sitting out in the backyard with them, soaking up all the love .:wub: I am so shattered for her I have no words, but I wanted to share her story with you all.

Run free, beautiful girls---and peace to you, Wendy, my friend with angel's wings.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Friends,

I hope you don’t mind me sharing this story with you. Most of you have met Bonnie and Rosie and I just felt I needed to write and send this to honour them and the magnificent, unconditional love they gave Dale and myself for all those years.

Thank you for reading my story.

With love,

Wendy xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie and Rosie went to sleep on Saturday.

I held them close and told them I loved them dearly as they closed their eyes for the last time and breathed their last breath. First Bonnie, as she’s always been the leader, and about 10 minutes later, sweet Rosie as she’s always followed and done whatever was expected of her to the very best of her ability.

With every bit of strength I could muster, I calmed myself in their presence hoping they would cross over to the other side as peacefully as possible. I didn’t want them to feel my deep, gut-wrenching grief lest they become stressed and of course, want to stay with me and comfort me as they have always done when I am upset.

They were almost 14 years old, unwell and life wasn’t fun anymore. They were Sisters, and Bonnie had bravely fought off cancer for two years. Rosie just went downhill quickly, in the last few weeks. It was almost as if she knew and wanted to go with her lifetime sibling and mate.

Yet it was a heartbreaking decision to come to terms with.

I cried and cried, from the depths of my soul and felt sick with pain and sadness. I felt devastated, not only because they were gone and I could never cuddle and play with them again, but because I had authorized their death. As they lay on the Vet’s table, they looked up at me with deep brown eyes of adoration, loyalty and trust - and I put them to sleep. I sobbed and sobbed with absolute despair. At 11.30am on Saturday, our beautiful girls were gone and although my common sense told me it was the right thing to do for them, my heart was breaking and it didn’t feel right for me. How could it, I have been with them almost every day for 14 years, and the fun and love we have shared is priceless.

Bonnie’s boy Harry is still with us. He’s 12 and has lived every day since he was born, with his Mum Bonnie and his Auntie Rose. He’s an only dog now and he knows something is up. He is quiet, which is so unlike him and he barks to come inside which he’s never done before as they were all active, mainly outside dogs. Harry follows us around the house now, lies with his head on our feet and doesn’t want to move. He moves slowly and looks perplexed.

As an animal parent, as soon as we settle them into our homes, we know this time is going to come, but I dare any animal devotee to say it doesn’t come with a crushing sense of “it just can’t happen”, and feelings of “I just can’t handle it”. Non-animal lovers just don’t understand and even scoff saying, “it’s just a dog – get over it”. And we do get over it, and although we vow we will never go through that pain again, a needy little four legged soul comes along, smiles up at us with a wag of the tail, and we start all over again.

To all fellow animal devotees out there – I salute your courage and applaud your commitment and dedication to man’s (and woman’s) best friends.

(Picture below. From left, Harry, Bonnie and Rosie 11/5/06)

wendy_rosie_bonnie.jpg

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

As I read your beautiful tribute to you life long friends, I too know the struggle that you have just gone through. Know that the girls are together and well and smiling down on you. You could not have written a more beautiful or suiting tribute. I cried with you and send my deepest condolences in the loss of not one but two beautiful girls.

Guest jettcricket

How incredibly hard on the heart.....I'm so sorry for your friends loss of her two precious babies. Sending her and her family peace and white light during this most difficult time. :grouphug:f_pink

"When Tomorrow Starts Without Me and I'm not there to see

If the sun should rise and find your eyes all filled with tears for me.

I wish so much you wouldn't cry the way you did today

While thinking of the many things we didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me, as much as I love you,

And each time that you think of me I know you'll miss me too

But when tomorrow starts without me please try to understand

That an angel came and called my name and took me by the hand

And said my place was ready in heaven far above

And that I'd have to leave behind all those I dearly love

But when I walked through heaven's gates I felt so much at home

When God looked down and smiled at me from His great golden throne

He said, "This is eternity and all I've promised you

Today for life on earth is past but here it starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow for today will always last,

And since each day's the same way there's no longing for the past.

So when tomorrow starts without me don't think we're far apart,

For every time you think of me I'm right here in your heart."

sympathies to this family. I can tell how much they were loved. They had always been together and went to the bridge side by side. I hope in a way that brings peace and comfort. Godspeed Bonnie and Rosie.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

:cry1 My heart goes out to your grieving friend and all who knew and loved these beautiful girls. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest LuvXRacers

:weep With tears I read this story as I remember having to have my Sweet Mattie Girl put to rest; in Wendy's words are the exact feelings I had during that most difficult moment in my life, yet for Wendy they are two-fold. This being a double loss makes it all the more difficult, I am sure. But knowing they are together has to ease the pain a little.

:f_red Bonnie & Rosie, Run happy and pain free with our beloved companions at the bridge.

:hope That Wendy & her family find peace and comfort in the many wonderful memories of Bonnie & Rosie.

Edited by LuvXRacers

I am so sorry...Godspeed Precious Angels...:grouphug:f_pink:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I cried and cried, from the depths of my soul and felt sick with pain and sadness. I felt devastated, not only because they were gone and I could never cuddle and play with them again, but because I had authorized their death. As they lay on the Vet's table, they looked up at me with deep brown eyes of adoration, loyalty and trust - and I put them to sleep. I sobbed and sobbed with absolute despair. At 11.30am on Saturday, our beautiful girls were gone and although my common sense told me it was the right thing to do for them, my heart was breaking and it didn't feel right for me. How could it, I have been with them almost every day for 14 years, and the fun and love we have shared is priceless.

I feel your pain as do so many others and am so sorry for you. I think that is the hardest thing we ever have to do with pets. I sit here crying knowing how much you hurt. I am sorry for that. As I was told by a wise GTer recently when we had to do this with our 14 year old girl, there will come a day that you smile more than cry. Look forward to that day and cherish the memories always! That was an amazing tribute!

The Girls