Rosceaux

rycezmom

My new senior girl hound, Milly, who has only been with us less than two weeks, woke me up this morning with lots of crying and whining and running back and forth to the family room. When I got there she was standing in front of the parrot cage crying. My 20year + nasty bitchy and loud mouthed blue front Amazon parrot, Rosceaux, was at the bottom of the cage. I knew immediately that she would not survive long as her breathing was shallow and labored. She spent her last hour on my daughters lap being cuddled and died very peacefully. Rosceaux was a fiesty green bird who liked to get in the shower with me and play in the water. Her temperment was that of a sullen , cranky, fowl tempered pit bull with feathers with everyone except me. She did not like men for some reason and would go to great lenghts to try and bite them. Whenever we had male visitors she would go under house arrest to keep bloodshed to a minimum. She did, however, have her softer girlie side. She loved cheese, any cheese and the smell of popcorn would drive her into a frenzy until she got some. She like to cuddle in my lap and she had a serious addiction to the TV show "Cops". Whenever she heard the Cops theme come on she would come down off the cage and stand in front of the TV until it was over. She loved to slide around on the tile floor being pushed by her tailfeathers and thought playing dragon was a scream. I will miss her screaming in the morning when she thought that I had slept long enough and her musty amazon smell and papaya and cranberries all over the place. I will miss cleaning all the sticky sweet potato off her face. I will miss the NOISE. I will miss my bird.

Miss Milly gave me the opportunity to say godbye to my bird and allowed her to go to the bridge with her family there with her.

To those already at the bridge --- Beware the cranky geen bird for evil this way comes.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest ohgreyt

Interesting that Milly knew what was going on. Glad she woke you up to spend the last hour with her. Birds are something else. They are great to have around and show such a variety of antics that sometimes make you laugh and sometimes make you crazy. So sorry for your loss! May she rest in peace.

Edited by ohgreyt

Guest LuvXRacers

:f_red

I am so sorry for the loss of your Rosceaux. She must have been something else! It sounds like Milly will be grieving with you.

I can see Rosceaux sitting in the beautiful trees at the bridge, keeping all of the dogs in line. Her first words to the unsuspecting doggies will no doubt be "Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?...I'm here to keep you in line! There is a new sheriff in town and her name is Rosceaux!"

So sorry about Rosceaux... I've never had a pet bird but friends have had them & they're so entertaining... She had a good long life with you and will now terrorize everyone at the bridge! (Her personality sounds a lot like my cat...)

:f_pink

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I am so sorry. I remember when we lost our bird when I was small...I know that Rosceaux and Ronnie are flying the gorgeous skies at the Bridge. My deepest sympathy. :grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, Rosceaux. Fly on over the bridge and find some mischief to make, crabby funny sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I know I shouldn't be giggling while reading a rememberance thread, but you painted such a delightful picture of your girlie bird. I know she left a really big hole in your heart. I hope the wonderful memories will help fill it. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I'm so sorry! :( :( :(

having a number of birds over the years I know how much they become a part of your family :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

f_yellow:f_white:brokenheart:f_whitef_yellow

It is amazing how in tuned they are to us...I'm glad you were able to spend the last few moment with your birdie baby.

I'll bet Rosceaux is sitting at the gate waving everyone through & flying over & making sure everyone is having a good day!

Sorry for your loss. We just inherited a green amazon parrot (MIL passed away recently) and she seems to like me, but hates my husband when I am around. He keeps her in his office at his business, I'm not a bird person (scared of them). Anyway, I can see where the bitchy part can come in.

My sympathies.

I am sorry for your loss of Rosceaux. I had to laugh at some of your post because she sounded like an absolute drama queen who you will miss dearly. I love the "Cops" story. I think it's amazing Milly wanted you to know and be there. again sending my sympathy.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest OreoandNeba

Lesley, darlin', I'm so sorry. At least you and your daughter will have some fond memories of her. Lets see, what temp do I set the oven to?? I know some of you will think I'm being terrible here, but Leslie knows exactly what I'm talking about and it's not terrible!!!

Guest cabrerad

I'm so sorry you lost Rosceaux. I also have had birds all my life and have lost two as well. At least you were able to say goodbye. I have had friends with a few different species of Amazons, they definitely can have mood swings especially with one sex or the other.

David