Missing My Good Boy, Marvin

NancyB

It has been a year since John and I were at the vet's office, sending our good boy Marvin to the bridge. He had osteo, had his left front leg amputated and as if that wasn't bad enough he broke his back leg trying to get on his bed. It was the large bone that went from his hip to his knee on the same side as his amputation, we had no idea the cancer had spread there. We were sad beyond words when the vet gave us the awful news. We gave him a pain free, peaceful passing, told him we loved him very much, told him he was our good boy, kissed him and held him. I asked him what I was going to do without him but at that point he was gone, I still don't know the answer.

Marvin was our first greyhound, MY greyhound, my heart dog and my heart is hurting without him :(

This picture was taken about 3 weeks before Marvin went to the bridge. John had just given him a massage and he looked so peaceful :heart

117090239.jpg

Marvin, we miss you and love you. We were so happy you were here, we know you enjoyed your retirement and you brought us 3 1/2 years of happiness and love. :)

Edited by NancyB

Nancy with Rocket, Umeko and Sasha

gallery_151_3099_2018.jpg

Missing Albi, Kassie, Ramm, Ruby, my good boy Marvin and Mickey (BT)

NANCY B'S COLLARS

I know that it must still hurt. The joy he gave you in life was more than the pain of his journey to the bridge. I know he must have been there to welcome my boy Ryce. Hold his memories close and he is forever there with you. :beatheart

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Awww, Marvin... you were a very special dog! I KNOW you are making the angels smile! :wub:

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

Guest argolola

Tears here from reading your post and seeing his precious picture. I was thinking of Marvin just yesterday because I saw his picture pop up.

God bless you as you reminisce upon your sweet angel.

Guest vahoundlover

Marvin was the first GT pup that I fell in love with...He was definitely a special boy! I know he's having a good time with all the bridge kids and keeping a watchful eye on you. Embrace your memories and the spirit of his love...he is always with you. :grouphug:grouphug

:f_red

Marvin you are so loved and missed by all of us here. Could you please send your Mommy and Daddy a special sign today. I know that you are running and playing with all of our Angels...please kiss each other for us. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I can't believe it has been a year already. Each one who leaves takes a piece of our hearts, but our hearts are big enough to love again.

Close your eyes and you can feel Marvin's presence.

Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you.

St. Francis de Salles

G-d bless.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

all of our dogs are special but there are a few who touch us with an unbelievable love that we will never forget. I know your pain, I too lost my heart, Devotion, at 7 only a few months before Marvin. Sometimes the pain is still so fresh. I do so miss him still. Run with the best Marvin. May your memories become your most cherished possession.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Sending hugs to you and your family, Nancy.

Marvin, I know you're being a good boy at the bridge. Sending kisses on the wind.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 2 weeks later...
:grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle